Help to use app signing by Google Play

As we can see, by the middle of 2021 Google will force the use of the app bundle .aab and I would like to use the app signing by Google Play. The problem is that I did not choose to use it 2 years ago and now it gives me instructions that I do not understand. Trying to follow the instructions sends me to a page where I have to choose between these options.

I assume that the option for those of us who use solar2d is
Export and upload a key (not using Java Keystore)

When I upload the whatever.keystore key I get an incorrect format error

I am very confused on how it should be done correctly.

thanks in advance
DoDi

Create a fresh (and more modern) key

Thanks for your answer but I don’t understand the instructions given by Google play console and the only way I know to generate the key is the old Corona SDK tutorial. I would appreciate if you can help me with a little light on how it should be done.

I understand that the key is very delicate, like the java package name, and I would not want to damage my app.

Thanks
DoDi

I know this is a late reply, but I couldn’t help but notice you seemed stuck. Hopefully you got this working.

I’ve been using the same old key from before Google’s requirement, and I’m already using .aab package, so there is no need to create or generate a new key. You just need to have Google use the one you already have.

1 Like

Hello, if anyone has instructions on how to change the key to solve this I would appreciate it.

Thanks DoDi

if you lose a keystore for an app, the only way you are okay is if you uploaded it to google to use their app integrity bundle to make an .aab file. Otherwise, you have to create a completely new app id in GP, sorry to say.

With Play App Signing, Google manages and protects your app’s signing key for you and uses it to sign your APKs for distribution. It’s a secure way to store your app signing key that helps protect you if your key is ever lost or compromised.
To use Android App Bundles, the recommended app publishing format, you need to enroll in Play App Signing before uploading your app bundle in Play Console.

Really late reply but you should choose export from Java Keystore.