Hi there, Teacher/grad student learning to program with corona sdk

Hi everyone,

I am finishing up my class from this semester and dipping my feet in the world of programming. I’m a teacher in grad school taking an elective course involving programming apps for education. Although I am in this class I have had very minimal experience coding prior to this semester. 

Looking for some advice on starting my final project which is developing an educational app. I chose to make a darts game that incorporates multiplication facts. If anyone out there wants to provide some help for a serious novice it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ntomanelli90,

I recommended you two tutorials

as start points. 

Good luck :slight_smile:

ldurniat

I’ve already completed the getting started guide, and made the star explorer game. I now am expected to make an educational game using what I’ve learned and have no clue where I should start.

I planned on making a darts like game that involved multiplication but I am running out of time and this seems too complicated. What I currently have is a dart sitting at the bottom of the screen with similar mechanics to the ship/laser in star explorer. I need to be able to display a random multiplication problem using #s 0-12 and then the player must hit one of three targets that will display the correct product to the displayed multiplication problem. If there is anyone who can help lead me in the right direction to complete this you would be a world of help to me. 

Depends how you want the interface to work. What is it you want it to do, in human terms?

Try 

I have learnt a lot analyzing code of last three games :slight_smile:

Hi ntomanelli90,

I recommended you two tutorials

as start points. 

Good luck :slight_smile:

ldurniat

I’ve already completed the getting started guide, and made the star explorer game. I now am expected to make an educational game using what I’ve learned and have no clue where I should start.

I planned on making a darts like game that involved multiplication but I am running out of time and this seems too complicated. What I currently have is a dart sitting at the bottom of the screen with similar mechanics to the ship/laser in star explorer. I need to be able to display a random multiplication problem using #s 0-12 and then the player must hit one of three targets that will display the correct product to the displayed multiplication problem. If there is anyone who can help lead me in the right direction to complete this you would be a world of help to me. 

Depends how you want the interface to work. What is it you want it to do, in human terms?

Try 

I have learnt a lot analyzing code of last three games :slight_smile: