How about widgets?

Any plans to incorporate the widget library for drag and drop tableviews, buttons, native fields, etc?

Please say yes…

Oh man…I really hope they add the widget library…

Now that would be a reason why I could consider going to Composer leaving Storyboard behind…  :slight_smile:

I definitely can see this being useful. Just keep in mind we still have to polish the stuff we’ve implemented so far, so I don’t have an ETA for you :slight_smile:

That is fantastic news!

This is fine. I’d much rather you invest the energy into fixing the remaining bugs in widgets and making them skinning ready. This is a long overdue issue which I understand is being worked on now. GUI stuff can come later when you’re ready. I think having stable and customizable widgets trump being able to set them in a GUI. At least for me its that way. 

If I were in the “biz app mode” I’d get some screen shots of the widgets, throw them into Composer GUI and do the layout. Then instead of loading the ccscene file as a scene I’d load the JSON and use that info to create the actual widgets.

Someone (other than me) should do that this evening and be the hero of all Corona biz app people. :slight_smile:

Jay

Hi Jay, Well, just think about it. We can get you a nice cape…just like these other hero’s. :wink:

And tights? Um, no, have to pass. (And everyone breathes a sigh of relief.)

Oh man…I really hope they add the widget library…

Now that would be a reason why I could consider going to Composer leaving Storyboard behind…  :slight_smile:

I definitely can see this being useful. Just keep in mind we still have to polish the stuff we’ve implemented so far, so I don’t have an ETA for you :slight_smile:

That is fantastic news!

This is fine. I’d much rather you invest the energy into fixing the remaining bugs in widgets and making them skinning ready. This is a long overdue issue which I understand is being worked on now. GUI stuff can come later when you’re ready. I think having stable and customizable widgets trump being able to set them in a GUI. At least for me its that way. 

If I were in the “biz app mode” I’d get some screen shots of the widgets, throw them into Composer GUI and do the layout. Then instead of loading the ccscene file as a scene I’d load the JSON and use that info to create the actual widgets.

Someone (other than me) should do that this evening and be the hero of all Corona biz app people. :slight_smile:

Jay

Hi Jay, Well, just think about it. We can get you a nice cape…just like these other hero’s. :wink:

And tights? Um, no, have to pass. (And everyone breathes a sigh of relief.)