How appear pickerWheel when you touch a textfield in Corona SDK

I have a newTextField in my project with Corona SDK, I would like to know if there is a possibility in the normal Corona to click on the textfield and a pickerWheel appears instead of the original keyboard.

It will take a little work, but it can be done. You would detect an event on the text field that it’s being edited, dismiss the keyboard, show a widget.newPickerView widget where the keyboard was. Then when you get the done event on the pickerwheel, take the selected answer and set the .text property of the native.newTextfield().

Rob

Thanks Rob, I searched the internet and had not said anything about this, and I decided to take the doubt out because a friend of mine informed me that this could only be done with Corona Native.  :smiley:

If you want to show a native picker wheel, that will require Corona Native.

Our widget.newPickerWheel exists in the same OpenGL space as our other display objects. Our native.newTextFields() are native objects but we don’t have a native pickerWheel type of input. So you have to do a little visual trickery to make it work, but it should work.

Rob

It will take a little work, but it can be done. You would detect an event on the text field that it’s being edited, dismiss the keyboard, show a widget.newPickerView widget where the keyboard was. Then when you get the done event on the pickerwheel, take the selected answer and set the .text property of the native.newTextfield().

Rob

Thanks Rob, I searched the internet and had not said anything about this, and I decided to take the doubt out because a friend of mine informed me that this could only be done with Corona Native.  :smiley:

If you want to show a native picker wheel, that will require Corona Native.

Our widget.newPickerWheel exists in the same OpenGL space as our other display objects. Our native.newTextFields() are native objects but we don’t have a native pickerWheel type of input. So you have to do a little visual trickery to make it work, but it should work.

Rob