how can I be notified if CoronaViewer is updated?

Hi,

What’s the best way to get notified of the CoronaViewer being updated?  (i.e. it’s not part of the Corona bunder, or perhaps it will be eventually)

You could follow the github:

https://github.com/coronalabs/CoronaViewer

FWIW I’ve been using it since it was introduced and it seems pretty solid, but I’m sure updates will occur so the github is the best bet.

Alex is right.  Subscribe to the github repository.  We will update it there.

Rob

ok - thanks

It’s a plugin though, so github updates will only provide updates for the Lua code, not the plugin itself

True, but the plugin itself will be auto updated, no reason to get anything new, though I guess you need to rebuild the viewer periodically. Hmmm.  Let me ping the team.

Rob

I’ve started adding a getPluginVersion() function to my plugins, along with posting changelog in a forum sticky for each new version.

Or… An updated corona viewer readme in the github repo for each new plugin commit/update showing the latest changes. Then we would know.

That would suffice for corona viewer for now i guess :slight_smile:

Just a thought :]

You could follow the github:

https://github.com/coronalabs/CoronaViewer

FWIW I’ve been using it since it was introduced and it seems pretty solid, but I’m sure updates will occur so the github is the best bet.

Alex is right.  Subscribe to the github repository.  We will update it there.

Rob

ok - thanks

It’s a plugin though, so github updates will only provide updates for the Lua code, not the plugin itself

True, but the plugin itself will be auto updated, no reason to get anything new, though I guess you need to rebuild the viewer periodically. Hmmm.  Let me ping the team.

Rob

I’ve started adding a getPluginVersion() function to my plugins, along with posting changelog in a forum sticky for each new version.

Or… An updated corona viewer readme in the github repo for each new plugin commit/update showing the latest changes. Then we would know.

That would suffice for corona viewer for now i guess :slight_smile:

Just a thought :]