How do I add new devices from CPM say for iPhone5,iPad Minin and other Android devices

I use CPM and I use Edit Project to change devices, on CPM V3.0.1 latest Corona Release I have these devices available

iPhone

iPhone4

iPad

Droid

NexusOne

myTouch

Galaxy Tab

How do I get iPhone5 and the latest Android Handsets like Galaxy Series etc.

Am I being limited here by CPM or are these the only devices available in the Simulator?

Any help gratefully received! need to test a business App I have in dev right now…

Just found out I can switch views directly from the Simulator. It wasn’t obvious because the option just had the current device in the list, click on it and suddenly we have them all, about 5x as many as from CPM, so better start testing!

My simulator only shows iPhone as an option. Outlaw does not seem to have any options to switch back & forth. Maybe I’m missing the obvious.

its on the Window tab View As > you’ll get all the iOS hardware, 5 Android options and 3 Kindles and Nook

Thanks. Got the simulator option. Since you mention you have them in CPM I was wondering if you are switching through CPM or actually on Simulator through the View As screen. 

CPM only had a few options so my original post was regarding if any extras had been added as the simulator at at first glance only had the current option until I worked out where I had to look.

Historically I’ve always been slow to set up and adopt IDEs especially as Mac is alien to me. What’s the sory behind Outlaw I read its the new CPM , doesn’t it have a debugger? - I really could use one or does everyone just use the debugger from Corona directly? I never learnt how to compile directly, just bought CPM and learnt Corona with that…

The options that are available in the simulator should all be inside Outlaw.

Outlaw does not have a debugger. At least at this point. I keep poking at it, but to be honest, I don’t care enough about a debugger to force myself to finish working on it. :frowning:

I just throw in a bunch of print() statements and use the watch window. But I know other people have different priorities, so I’m not saying it will never happen…

Jay

Jay, thanks for your comments. Where in the Outlaw IDE would you control the device option? I can’t see the option. Not a big deal as I now know how to change the device of choice with View As in the Simulator so can get along. 

In the Project tree on the left, right-click a project and choose Project Properties. The right-side pane will open and you can set the Default Device there.

Also, to temporarily try a device, you can right-click a project and choose Launch With… and pick a device.

Jay

Totally missed it all this time. Thank you very much. Very useful.

Just found out I can switch views directly from the Simulator. It wasn’t obvious because the option just had the current device in the list, click on it and suddenly we have them all, about 5x as many as from CPM, so better start testing!

My simulator only shows iPhone as an option. Outlaw does not seem to have any options to switch back & forth. Maybe I’m missing the obvious.

its on the Window tab View As > you’ll get all the iOS hardware, 5 Android options and 3 Kindles and Nook

Thanks. Got the simulator option. Since you mention you have them in CPM I was wondering if you are switching through CPM or actually on Simulator through the View As screen. 

CPM only had a few options so my original post was regarding if any extras had been added as the simulator at at first glance only had the current option until I worked out where I had to look.

Historically I’ve always been slow to set up and adopt IDEs especially as Mac is alien to me. What’s the sory behind Outlaw I read its the new CPM , doesn’t it have a debugger? - I really could use one or does everyone just use the debugger from Corona directly? I never learnt how to compile directly, just bought CPM and learnt Corona with that…

The options that are available in the simulator should all be inside Outlaw.

Outlaw does not have a debugger. At least at this point. I keep poking at it, but to be honest, I don’t care enough about a debugger to force myself to finish working on it. :frowning:

I just throw in a bunch of print() statements and use the watch window. But I know other people have different priorities, so I’m not saying it will never happen…

Jay

Jay, thanks for your comments. Where in the Outlaw IDE would you control the device option? I can’t see the option. Not a big deal as I now know how to change the device of choice with View As in the Simulator so can get along. 

In the Project tree on the left, right-click a project and choose Project Properties. The right-side pane will open and you can set the Default Device there.

Also, to temporarily try a device, you can right-click a project and choose Launch With… and pick a device.

Jay

Totally missed it all this time. Thank you very much. Very useful.