how do I use surfaceData and surfaces?

I think those properties in tiled are used if you have a tile that’s not a solid square. I have no idea how to use them. Here’s a picture of the ramp I’m trying to make work:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/rs7q0bs1knj30js/tile_20.png   its 32x32 by the way. Please be specific, any help is appreciated!  :smiley:

You have to explain better on what you want, surfaceData is no such thing in MTE? If you are just asking about how to make the physics copy that exact shape why not just look at Sample Projects -> Platformer - Angeld Physics, or the other Platformer examples? Also just basic corona physics shapes work perfectly fine. All examples in MTE folder pretty much cover everything and most future questions.

I took the sonic demo change the map to a 20x20 map with 32x32 tiles. My character just falls through all the tiles. When I was looking at the original sonic map in Tiled I found that the tiles had 2 custom properties with the names surfaceData and surfaces. I gave one of my tiles surfaceData with the values [[1,2,3]] and surfaces [[1,2,3]]. They were just random numbers and it made my tile solid. In the code of the sonic demo it says:

local surfaces = {} --An array containing the start and end points of a collideable surface.

local surfaceData = {} --An array containing the actual Y values of each segment of a surface.

Ok well I see what you are trying to get at now, I see you read the comments about the local surfaces and local surfaceData, go down to line 90-100 and it explains everything very detailed comments by Dyson and again below where he explains it step by step…heck it even “hand holds” you through this specific question.

He explains it and shows a demo of it step by step better than anyone else can describe it to you, its right there in the MTE project samples that pretty much cover everything.

Answering your question to the other post: There is a huge amount of tutorials on MTE and he literally cover’s everything in his project samples…believe it or not after my time on corona MTE has the most documentation/tutorials/easily understood tutorials given compared to any other 3rd party tool with corona.

Good luck man!

Thanks a lot!  :slight_smile:

You have to explain better on what you want, surfaceData is no such thing in MTE? If you are just asking about how to make the physics copy that exact shape why not just look at Sample Projects -> Platformer - Angeld Physics, or the other Platformer examples? Also just basic corona physics shapes work perfectly fine. All examples in MTE folder pretty much cover everything and most future questions.

I took the sonic demo change the map to a 20x20 map with 32x32 tiles. My character just falls through all the tiles. When I was looking at the original sonic map in Tiled I found that the tiles had 2 custom properties with the names surfaceData and surfaces. I gave one of my tiles surfaceData with the values [[1,2,3]] and surfaces [[1,2,3]]. They were just random numbers and it made my tile solid. In the code of the sonic demo it says:

local surfaces = {} --An array containing the start and end points of a collideable surface.

local surfaceData = {} --An array containing the actual Y values of each segment of a surface.

Ok well I see what you are trying to get at now, I see you read the comments about the local surfaces and local surfaceData, go down to line 90-100 and it explains everything very detailed comments by Dyson and again below where he explains it step by step…heck it even “hand holds” you through this specific question.

He explains it and shows a demo of it step by step better than anyone else can describe it to you, its right there in the MTE project samples that pretty much cover everything.

Answering your question to the other post: There is a huge amount of tutorials on MTE and he literally cover’s everything in his project samples…believe it or not after my time on corona MTE has the most documentation/tutorials/easily understood tutorials given compared to any other 3rd party tool with corona.

Good luck man!

Thanks a lot!  :slight_smile: