How do you build a APK file?

I tried googling and searching the Help > Help Contents, but I couldn’t find the info to build a APK file so I can install it on my phone. I clicked on the hammer button, but I don’t receive any notification that anything has happened. Can someone direct me to some kind of documentation that explains how step by step? Thx.

Just clicked on the “Build Project” (hammer button) with a different project, and the corona simulator popped up. From there, I was able to build the APK file (File > Build for Android).

I’m still trying to figure out why the corona simulator doesn’t pop up for my current project.

Hello Brian,

Does the simulator open when you click the debug button?

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Yes, it does. The run button also opens up the simulator. I’m rewriting my code little by little to see what’s causing the build button to not respond. I’m pretty sure this is an isolated case.

Hello Brian,

Could you please upload logs via help->upload logs so we can take a look at this issue.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Just uploaded it.

Hi Brian,

Thanks! We will take a look at it and get back to you soon.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hello Brain,

Thank you for uploading the logs. We were not able to replicate the issue you were having. Are you still having this issue?

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Yes, but I created a new, fresh project and this issue is no longer relevant. Thank you for looking into it anyways.

Hello Brian,

You are welcome. Please let us know if you come across anymore issues.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Just clicked on the “Build Project” (hammer button) with a different project, and the corona simulator popped up. From there, I was able to build the APK file (File > Build for Android).

I’m still trying to figure out why the corona simulator doesn’t pop up for my current project.

Hello Brian,

Does the simulator open when you click the debug button?

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Yes, it does. The run button also opens up the simulator. I’m rewriting my code little by little to see what’s causing the build button to not respond. I’m pretty sure this is an isolated case.

Hello Brian,

Could you please upload logs via help->upload logs so we can take a look at this issue.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Just uploaded it.

Hi Brian,

Thanks! We will take a look at it and get back to you soon.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hello Brain,

Thank you for uploading the logs. We were not able to replicate the issue you were having. Are you still having this issue?

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Yes, but I created a new, fresh project and this issue is no longer relevant. Thank you for looking into it anyways.

Hello Brian,

You are welcome. Please let us know if you come across anymore issues.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers