How Do You Make A Podcast Player?

How would you stream a podcast loaded from the internet?

You cant because corona doesnt have vector support or something that someone on their team said.

I don’t think we can use streaming services like Pandora, but if your podcast is at a URL that can be downloaded, some people have had luck using media.playVideo() (yea, I know… but it plays from a URL) to play the audio.  Then at least on Apple, there is a background mode that can play music while the app is in the background.   media.playVideo() is sensitive to the type of audio it will play and it may or may not work for you.

You cant because corona doesnt have vector support or something that someone on their team said.

I don’t think we can use streaming services like Pandora, but if your podcast is at a URL that can be downloaded, some people have had luck using media.playVideo() (yea, I know… but it plays from a URL) to play the audio.  Then at least on Apple, there is a background mode that can play music while the app is in the background.   media.playVideo() is sensitive to the type of audio it will play and it may or may not work for you.

media.playVideo() do not working for 2 or more remote media file streaming.

You should add play streaming audio to CORONA’s wish list ASAP.

media.playVideo() do not working for 2 or more remote media file streaming.

You should add play streaming audio to CORONA’s wish list ASAP.

You could certainly download MP3 files to the temp directory, then load them and play them.

The media.playVideo will not work with streaming services, only fixed size downloadable files, but it plays them while downloading. If you want, goto http://feedback.coronalabs.com and see if someone has already requested this feature and vote it up. If not, add it. This is how we track feature requests now.

You could certainly download MP3 files to the temp directory, then load them and play them.

The media.playVideo will not work with streaming services, only fixed size downloadable files, but it plays them while downloading. If you want, goto http://feedback.coronalabs.com and see if someone has already requested this feature and vote it up. If not, add it. This is how we track feature requests now.