How do you monetize your games?

Greetings everyone,

I’m Serkan from Sleepy Bug Studios, a two people startup formed in Turkey. We are getting really close to the end of the development phase for some of our (first) games and I was just wondering which networks other developers use and how they use it.

So here’s my question: Which networks do you use to monetize your ad-supported games? How do you use those networks to get the most out of it?

Anyone?

I have used both AdMob and InMobi. In my personal situation it didn’t matter which network I used, because ad money only starts to matter when you get a massive number of downloads. I think I made 40 dollars in a year of 30 downloads a day - and I spent about 20.000 dollar in virtual wages to create the game :slight_smile:

That’s a sad truth about ads but you have to do that when you develop a casual game. People don’t like paying for those.

How was your experience other than that? Did you use banner ads or was it just the interstitials? Also, can you share the store link to your game?

The game in question is called Bombaroo! and is on iTunes and Google Play - my feeling is that people are willing to pay for your game if it is high quality and unique. The problem is that 99% of developers make very derivative and low quality games.

I used banner ads at the top of the screen, and an interstitial every after one out of three levels.

Thank you for that. I’ve started playing and analyzing your game :slight_smile: Also, wanted to let you know that tall mode doesn’t kick in for iPhone 5.

Anyone else willing to share their experience will be more than welcome.

Haha - thanks! That game was programmed and published way before the iPhone 5 was even rumoured and never updated. I should actually really re-build it for iPhone 5 sizes, and remove the ads since they don’t have a reason for existence except annoying the user, given the small small smaaaaaall revenue!

I think, when my second games is out, I’m going to update it and add a link to my second game.

Anyone?

I have used both AdMob and InMobi. In my personal situation it didn’t matter which network I used, because ad money only starts to matter when you get a massive number of downloads. I think I made 40 dollars in a year of 30 downloads a day - and I spent about 20.000 dollar in virtual wages to create the game :slight_smile:

That’s a sad truth about ads but you have to do that when you develop a casual game. People don’t like paying for those.

How was your experience other than that? Did you use banner ads or was it just the interstitials? Also, can you share the store link to your game?

The game in question is called Bombaroo! and is on iTunes and Google Play - my feeling is that people are willing to pay for your game if it is high quality and unique. The problem is that 99% of developers make very derivative and low quality games.

I used banner ads at the top of the screen, and an interstitial every after one out of three levels.

Thank you for that. I’ve started playing and analyzing your game :slight_smile: Also, wanted to let you know that tall mode doesn’t kick in for iPhone 5.

Anyone else willing to share their experience will be more than welcome.

Haha - thanks! That game was programmed and published way before the iPhone 5 was even rumoured and never updated. I should actually really re-build it for iPhone 5 sizes, and remove the ads since they don’t have a reason for existence except annoying the user, given the small small smaaaaaall revenue!

I think, when my second games is out, I’m going to update it and add a link to my second game.