How to begin?

I heard all kinds of good things about Glider, so I thought I would try it.  Didn’t see anything in terms of explaining how to use it.  So, I assumed (wrong?) File-> New Project

Here I get the strangest window. 

It says on left window - Choose Project as step 1.

On right window it has filter (as if I am looking for existing project)

Then it has Samples under Categories and that is it.  I can’t type in a name of a project.

So, then I tried to click File->New FIle.

But here it is asking me to click a project (which I couldn’t create).

What the crap am I doing wrong?  I have used plenty of IDEs before - why isn’t this intuitive?  Am I missing something so simple?

Thanks!

Sorry, EXTREME newbie at this Glider.  Any video that explains how to use it?

I always go ahead and make my corona project through the corona simulator, then import it into glider by selecting file -> open project.  That’s the best way I know of going about it hope it helps!

You can also drag and drop the project folder (that contains the main.lua) into the glider window. 

One great place to start is the example projects bundled with the corona sdk. Simply copy the samples folder into your documents folder and you can open the projects one by one.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I always go ahead and make my corona project through the corona simulator, then import it into glider by selecting file -> open project.  That’s the best way I know of going about it hope it helps!

You can also drag and drop the project folder (that contains the main.lua) into the glider window. 

One great place to start is the example projects bundled with the corona sdk. Simply copy the samples folder into your documents folder and you can open the projects one by one.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers