How to download plugins in new Corona Native

Hello,

Moving our Android app to Native Corona. In the past we would run the “android/download_plugins.sh” script, as stated here, but I don’t see it in the android folder as of at least Corona 3502.

So, how do we download the plugins?

thank you,

Mor from Mars Team

• hi! Im getting crazy with these corona upgrade! I finished my app in corona 2017 version, i tryied to release at play store but the API 28 stoped me! Since last week im trying to find the solution, but nothing is working! here my corona simulator logout:
  • https://pastebin.com/Z5jaXh9z

Hello. Native underwent major update as well. I would suggest migrating to new template. It has gradle target ‘setupCoronaAppAndPlugins’ which would completely integrate plugins and build.settings into the project.

gmHf9vz.png

Basically, Native and Simulator apps are using similar build system now.

Note, that every time you execute setUpCoronaAppAndPlugins, it will rewrite the manifest. Also, see this thread.

So, a few things that I’m encountering:

1. When I clicked “run” on Android Studio it seems that the “setUpCoronaAppAndPlugins” script isn’t running. When I ran it by itself it only then seemed to download my plugins.

2. Then, I got an error that one of my plugins minimum sdk was 16, and my project was 15. So, I’ve added:

“minSdkVersion = “16”,”

to the android portion of build.settings. I ran the app and the “setUpCoronaAppAndPlugins” script, that didn’t fix the issue. I had to change the default number from 15 to 16 in the build.gradle.kts file, under coronaMinSdkVersion.

1. Now, I’m getting this message when I run the app:

Corona: Developer Error 

App does not target the Google Play store, but includes Google Plays Services.

This is adding unnecessary**  bloat to your app as Google Play Services depends on the Google Play store.**

Please remove Google Play Services from build that do not target Google Play.

I’m assuming that I need to target the Play Store, as the message states that I currently do not.

How do I do that?

* Building the app using Corona Simulator works fine, only crashes when reaching our created plugin.

* I also wanted to know how to set the App Name? as we normally set that in the Corona Simulator.

Thank you,

Mor from Mars

MinSdkVersion should be automatically imported in very last version, but target store should be fixed manually. Edit AndroidManifest.xml, change “none” to “google” for store metadata entry.

That worked! Which is odd.

Isn’t the rule of thumb is to not change things in the Manifest file, because it will be overridden anyway?

Anyway, Thank you.

setupCoronaAppAndPlugins is to be started manually and it will overwrite manifest. But it’s fine to edit manifest after. And you should run it only when adding/removing plugins.
Problem is, that the value of target store doesn’t come from build.settings.
But I’ll see what I can do.

Vlads, I’m NOT RUNNING NATIVE, but I’m getting the exact error. How can I update my app?

I’m not sure what error you’re getting. Please elaborate since topic is very specially about how to setup native.

In a new thread please…

• hi! Im getting crazy with these corona upgrade! I finished my app in corona 2017 version, i tryied to release at play store but the API 28 stoped me! Since last week im trying to find the solution, but nothing is working! here my corona simulator logout:
  • https://pastebin.com/Z5jaXh9z

Hello. Native underwent major update as well. I would suggest migrating to new template. It has gradle target ‘setupCoronaAppAndPlugins’ which would completely integrate plugins and build.settings into the project.

gmHf9vz.png

Basically, Native and Simulator apps are using similar build system now.

Note, that every time you execute setUpCoronaAppAndPlugins, it will rewrite the manifest. Also, see this thread.

So, a few things that I’m encountering:

1. When I clicked “run” on Android Studio it seems that the “setUpCoronaAppAndPlugins” script isn’t running. When I ran it by itself it only then seemed to download my plugins.

2. Then, I got an error that one of my plugins minimum sdk was 16, and my project was 15. So, I’ve added:

“minSdkVersion = “16”,”

to the android portion of build.settings. I ran the app and the “setUpCoronaAppAndPlugins” script, that didn’t fix the issue. I had to change the default number from 15 to 16 in the build.gradle.kts file, under coronaMinSdkVersion.

1. Now, I’m getting this message when I run the app:

Corona: Developer Error 

App does not target the Google Play store, but includes Google Plays Services.

This is adding unnecessary**  bloat to your app as Google Play Services depends on the Google Play store.**

Please remove Google Play Services from build that do not target Google Play.

I’m assuming that I need to target the Play Store, as the message states that I currently do not.

How do I do that?

* Building the app using Corona Simulator works fine, only crashes when reaching our created plugin.

* I also wanted to know how to set the App Name? as we normally set that in the Corona Simulator.

Thank you,

Mor from Mars

MinSdkVersion should be automatically imported in very last version, but target store should be fixed manually. Edit AndroidManifest.xml, change “none” to “google” for store metadata entry.

That worked! Which is odd.

Isn’t the rule of thumb is to not change things in the Manifest file, because it will be overridden anyway?

Anyway, Thank you.

setupCoronaAppAndPlugins is to be started manually and it will overwrite manifest. But it’s fine to edit manifest after. And you should run it only when adding/removing plugins.
Problem is, that the value of target store doesn’t come from build.settings.
But I’ll see what I can do.

Vlads, I’m NOT RUNNING NATIVE, but I’m getting the exact error. How can I update my app?

I’m not sure what error you’re getting. Please elaborate since topic is very specially about how to setup native.

In a new thread please…