how to edit long pieces of code

Hi,

Is there a way to edit code that has a lot of lines in it?

I have over 3000 lines of code in this one document. And glider grinds to a halt if I try to work in it.

If I open the file in textmate or sublime there is no problem.

Is there anything I can do to have Glider respond normally?

On mac I used TextWrangler.

If you’re writing single files with that much code you’re doing it wrong.

I’m surprised that a modern editor can’t handle a 3000 lines long file. If that were the case for me, I would switch to a different IDE.

@horacebury This is a table with a lot of information. There is no wrong. 

Sounds like you want to be storing it as XML or JSON in a data file or, considering your editing problems, multiple data files. Remember, any memory issues that your text editor has, your mobile application will also have, so - like breaking code into smaller modules is wise - breaking your data into smaller files is also wise. There’s many correct ways, but if your own code is breaking your text editor, I would call that wrong. If you don’t like the term wrong, then call it much worse than one of the good ways.

If the other editors had problems too, I would look at the code. But sublime and textmate, and some other text based software I tried, had 0 problems. So this seems more of a glider problem.

Also the device I tested on has 0 problems. 

I am just used to Glider. But am using sublime now as it is just too slow in Glider.

On mac I used TextWrangler.

If you’re writing single files with that much code you’re doing it wrong.

I’m surprised that a modern editor can’t handle a 3000 lines long file. If that were the case for me, I would switch to a different IDE.

@horacebury This is a table with a lot of information. There is no wrong. 

Sounds like you want to be storing it as XML or JSON in a data file or, considering your editing problems, multiple data files. Remember, any memory issues that your text editor has, your mobile application will also have, so - like breaking code into smaller modules is wise - breaking your data into smaller files is also wise. There’s many correct ways, but if your own code is breaking your text editor, I would call that wrong. If you don’t like the term wrong, then call it much worse than one of the good ways.

If the other editors had problems too, I would look at the code. But sublime and textmate, and some other text based software I tried, had 0 problems. So this seems more of a glider problem.

Also the device I tested on has 0 problems. 

I am just used to Glider. But am using sublime now as it is just too slow in Glider.