How to enable close button on mac os app title bar?

Recently my Mac Os app was rejected as the close button (little red circle) is not enabled on the app’s title bar. Only the maximize button is enabled (little green circle). I wasn’t even aware of this as I use the app’s menu bar to close the game usually.

Below is part of my build.settings for the app. Using corona Build: 2018.3407. (edit: still same issue with 2018.3459)

window = {

defaultMode = “fullscreen”,

enableCloseButton = true,

enableMinimizeButton = true,

enableMaximizeButton = true,

defaultViewWidth = 960,

defaultViewHeight = 540,

minViewWidth = 960,

minViewHeight = 540,

suspendWhenMinimized = true,

showWindowTitle = true,

titleText = {default=“Game Name”},

},

There doesn’t appear to be any docs discussing an app’s title bar button enabling, only in regards to the menu bar.

Any advice is appreciated.

Note: All the title bar buttons are enabled when testing in simulator, just not when running the built app.

Upon further testing, if I tap the green maximize icon when app is maximized it shrinks to standard size and all 3 button icons appear enabled on title bar. If I then tap on green maximize icon again app maximizes and close button and maximize button icons are enabled…

So now it appears there must be some issues on corona’s side not properly enabling/disabling title bar button icons when app starts maximized.

FYI, there is a filed bug report for this: 

https://github.com/coronalabs/corona/issues/12

Rob

@Rob, yeah I only thought of submitting it as a bug after I posted this and did more testing.

Thanks Rob, Hope your tech team is able to solve it quickly.

Almost 2 weeks no daily build update, no news on a fix for this simple bug??? Considering this is a bug that gets apple to reject any app that opens in fullscreen I would have assumed its something that would get priority.

By the way, this should be fixed in latest daily build. Please, verify.

@Vlad: Can confirm that in build 3461 the CLOSE button icon appears enabled and functions correctly when launching a built app in fullscreen, thanks.

FYI, there is a filed bug report for this: 

https://github.com/coronalabs/corona/issues/12

Rob

@Rob, yeah I only thought of submitting it as a bug after I posted this and did more testing.

Thanks Rob, Hope your tech team is able to solve it quickly.

Almost 2 weeks no daily build update, no news on a fix for this simple bug??? Considering this is a bug that gets apple to reject any app that opens in fullscreen I would have assumed its something that would get priority.

By the way, this should be fixed in latest daily build. Please, verify.

@Vlad: Can confirm that in build 3461 the CLOSE button icon appears enabled and functions correctly when launching a built app in fullscreen, thanks.