How to make wokring build for Windows?

I made a build of the game from the first guide, but when I want to run the .exe file, I get “The system can not find the file specified”. I tried to change the screen resolution while creating the object, tried to change the event from “touch” to “mouse”, but no any result…((((

Can you provide more details?

I just did everything like here https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/programming/01/index.html and then I just made a build for Windows from this project

in Corona touch is a mouse event.  The additional “mouse” events are for changing the cursor type etc. But for what you’re doing you should only use “touch” or “tap”.

Your error message, while vague is still specific enough that it shouldn’t lead you to changing event handlers or resizing windows. It says:

“The system can not find the file specified”

We need to determine what file it can’t find. I would suggest trying one of our SampleCode apps like found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona\SampleCode\GettingStarted\HelloWorld and see if you can build it without error and run it.

Rob

Here’s a stupid fix to try: are you building to a ‘special’ OS folder, like the Desktop or Documents folder? If so, that file path can become too longer to work well as a 32-bit app.

Try copying your built app folder straight to the C:\ disk and see if that works.

Good luck,

Thomas

Can you provide more details?

I just did everything like here https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/programming/01/index.html and then I just made a build for Windows from this project

in Corona touch is a mouse event.  The additional “mouse” events are for changing the cursor type etc. But for what you’re doing you should only use “touch” or “tap”.

Your error message, while vague is still specific enough that it shouldn’t lead you to changing event handlers or resizing windows. It says:

“The system can not find the file specified”

We need to determine what file it can’t find. I would suggest trying one of our SampleCode apps like found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona\SampleCode\GettingStarted\HelloWorld and see if you can build it without error and run it.

Rob

Here’s a stupid fix to try: are you building to a ‘special’ OS folder, like the Desktop or Documents folder? If so, that file path can become too longer to work well as a 32-bit app.

Try copying your built app folder straight to the C:\ disk and see if that works.

Good luck,

Thomas