How to modify predefined autocompletion arguments?

I would like to change the autocompletion of 

display.newImageRect( [parentGroup,], filename, [baseDirectory,], width, height )  

to

display.newImageRect( filename, width, height )  

because I lose so much time deleting arguments that i don’t really use…

How can I do that please?

Thanks!

display.newImageRect( [parentGroup,], filename, [baseDirectory,], width, height )  

to

Thanks!

That would totally defeat the purpose of it.

It’s suppose to provide code insight, showing all possible parameters.  Sublime cannot do intelligent advanced completion like a true IDE, so this is the best you can get out of it.  Just use Tab and it will tab to each parameter, and you can easily hit delete key if you do not need that parameter.

Obviously I don’t expect Sublime to do magic, I just want to open the file with the whole autocompletion arguments and change it for my taste. I can do that with the snippets part, for example.

That wouldn’t totally defeat nothing and it would save me tons of time.

Anyone knows where is that file? Let me customize my experience please.

Where can I find the autocompletion file with this 

display.loadRemoteImage( ${1:url}, ${2:method}, ${3:listener} ${4:[, params]}, ${5:destFilename} ${6:[, baseDir]} ${7:[, x, y]} )  

kind of syntax so I could change it? Thanks!

You can see the file here:

https://github.com/coronalabs/CoronaSDK-SublimeText/blob/master/corona.completions-daily

You’ll have to check the settings to see which one it’s set up to use (could be legacy or public). You may need to delete the existing Corona Editor installation and clone the repository into your packages directory. 

You can get Sublime to do as much magic automatically yourself as you like by editing completions.py. For instance I have changed completions.py to support an extra field which optionally strips out whitespace from the snippets, which is a pet hate of mine. The only penalty is that if you do too much you may cause Sublime to slow to a crawl.

https://github.com/personalnadir/CoronaSDK-SublimeText/blob/master/completions.py#

Where are in my computer those files? I can’t find them in the packages folder.

EDIT: Ok I think I did it. I just uninstalled Corona Editor from the packages and installed manually with the modified file.

Thank you tap32 you have been very helpful!  :wink:

to

Thanks!

That would totally defeat the purpose of it.

It’s suppose to provide code insight, showing all possible parameters.  Sublime cannot do intelligent advanced completion like a true IDE, so this is the best you can get out of it.  Just use Tab and it will tab to each parameter, and you can easily hit delete key if you do not need that parameter.

Obviously I don’t expect Sublime to do magic, I just want to open the file with the whole autocompletion arguments and change it for my taste. I can do that with the snippets part, for example.

That wouldn’t totally defeat nothing and it would save me tons of time.

Anyone knows where is that file? Let me customize my experience please.

Where can I find the autocompletion file with this 

display.loadRemoteImage( ${1:url}, ${2:method}, ${3:listener} ${4:[, params]}, ${5:destFilename} ${6:[, baseDir]} ${7:[, x, y]} )  

kind of syntax so I could change it? Thanks!

You can see the file here:

https://github.com/coronalabs/CoronaSDK-SublimeText/blob/master/corona.completions-daily

You’ll have to check the settings to see which one it’s set up to use (could be legacy or public). You may need to delete the existing Corona Editor installation and clone the repository into your packages directory. 

You can get Sublime to do as much magic automatically yourself as you like by editing completions.py. For instance I have changed completions.py to support an extra field which optionally strips out whitespace from the snippets, which is a pet hate of mine. The only penalty is that if you do too much you may cause Sublime to slow to a crawl.

https://github.com/personalnadir/CoronaSDK-SublimeText/blob/master/completions.py#

Where are in my computer those files? I can’t find them in the packages folder.

EDIT: Ok I think I did it. I just uninstalled Corona Editor from the packages and installed manually with the modified file.

Thank you tap32 you have been very helpful!  :wink: