How to protect the source code of an application created on Solar 2D from decompilation?

There have already been many cases of decompilation of my applications…

You can’t really protect* from de-compilation. As long as someone figures out the Corona Archive format, and maybe even easier now (if anything) since it’s all open source. But that’s the story (of reversing) with every engine/sdk/framework.

If you want to roll a different implementation, here’s one to try:

You can look into creating your own data structure for storing encrypted data (you’ll definitely want it encrypted), and have your bytecode-compiled Lua files there. They’ll be sitting outside the Corona Archive file (encrypted), but then the implementation for handling your custom data structure will be there; and at base case scenario not storing the encryption key there and have it fetched from a server.

Even after all of this, you’re basically just changing padlocks; that is creating a setting that’s different from all other Solar2D projects.

Side note: I haven’t tried storing compiled Lua files in this manner so I don’t know whether there would be issues.

1 Like

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.