How to protect yourself against the lucky patcher?

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to block the lucky patcher! I’ve tried everything, but I can’t get a solution. Searching for the package name on the device is not a solution as it changes when installing on different devices. Does anyone have a solution for this?

The solution for this topic is not valid Detect if Lucky Patcher is Installed on Device?

The fact is that once your game ends on a user’s device, there’s no way of stopping such things. This becomes especially true with rooted devices.

If games like Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, Pokemon Go, Call of Duty: Mobile, Roblox, etc. can’t be protected, maybe you don’t shouldn’t worry about such things either.

I also looked this up recently out or curiosity. From my findings, the only way you can handle this is with your own server.
So unless your app is a server/client based app, or at least have a server purely to tackle this problem then there’s nothing you can do as XeduR mentioned.

Yeah, the simple fact is that every client side safety measure will ultimately be broken.

The only real ways to protect against deceptive players is to handle your sensitive data on a server. For instance, if a user makes a purchase, then you need to validate the receipt on your server and add the currency to the user’s account, again, on your server.

Essentially, you can never trust the client. Your users have physical access to your app and they can do all sorts of memory editing, reverse engineering, patching, sending fake messages to your server, etc. and there is no way to protect yourself from all of that at the client level.

Finally, unless your game is making serious money, then it will almost certainly take you more time and cost you more money to implement these server side security measures than it will be worth. Especially if your game is singleplayer. The fact is that most people who use memory editors or play hacked games wouldn’t pay for your games even if those cheats and hacked versions weren’t available. If your game doesn’t have multiplayer, then these individuals won’t be bothering the rest of your playerbase either.

1 Like

Actually, just need a server(yours) to Google server check and confirm the “receipt” the client got from the purchase… at least this is what I came across.

Nevertheless, at the end of the day the communication from the app to the server can be emulated, and (insert whatever other methods here), but at least lucky patcher won’t be so lucky and that’s what we’re dealing with here. :slightly_smiling_face: