How to start hotspot programatically?

Is there any way to start the hotspot programatically? I created a turn based game but I noticed that the person who’s started the hotspot can’t create the game. He will join the game instead. Vice versa with the client. In wifi, there is no problem so far. So maybe if the GM or server can join a network created by the client or hotspot server will be great. Like ShareIt app works.

I use AutoLan for the networking.

Hi @Arjorie

Can you provide a better description of this issue?  Like are you getting any errors when you try and create the game? Can you maybe put in more print statements to print out various return values. You may have to add them to the autolan code where the sockets are connecting and such.

Rob

@Rob

I just want to know if it is possible to enable the wifi or hotspot of a device through using some sort of code instead of going to the device’s settings and enable it manually.

I just want to get rid of this scenario 

“Oh I forgot to turn on my hotspot.” or “Join to my hotspot or else you can’t join my match.”

:smiley: sorry that’s the easiest way for me to explain it.

On iOS you cannot change the network settings from your app. On Android, you can probably do anything (though I would be surprised if Corona lets you do it.)

Hi @Arjorie

Can you provide a better description of this issue?  Like are you getting any errors when you try and create the game? Can you maybe put in more print statements to print out various return values. You may have to add them to the autolan code where the sockets are connecting and such.

Rob

@Rob

I just want to know if it is possible to enable the wifi or hotspot of a device through using some sort of code instead of going to the device’s settings and enable it manually.

I just want to get rid of this scenario 

“Oh I forgot to turn on my hotspot.” or “Join to my hotspot or else you can’t join my match.”

:smiley: sorry that’s the easiest way for me to explain it.

On iOS you cannot change the network settings from your app. On Android, you can probably do anything (though I would be surprised if Corona lets you do it.)