How would I use a webview

I have one app that uses a native.webview to create a basic embedded web browser to keep the user in my app to view external resources on the web. So how would I make something similar for win32?

In would be very interested to know that as we are using webview in our app and would like it to work under Win32/OSX

I’ve asked engineering about this and as of now, it works on OS-X, since it works on the OS-X simulator. It does not work on Win32 but I’m still waiting to learn if it’s on the roadmap or not.

Rob

I hope it’s on the to-do list… or at least a way to create a native way to do it via Visual Studio :slight_smile:

-John

In would be very interested to know that as we are using webview in our app and would like it to work under Win32/OSX

I’ve asked engineering about this and as of now, it works on OS-X, since it works on the OS-X simulator. It does not work on Win32 but I’m still waiting to learn if it’s on the roadmap or not.

Rob

I hope it’s on the to-do list… or at least a way to create a native way to do it via Visual Studio :slight_smile:

-John

We need this and video player.

Maybe just use IE browser?

Your only option at the moment is to use the Lua system.openURL() function, which will display the referenced web page using the end-user’s default web browser externally.  This Lua API will also work with your local video files as well; opening them using the user’s default media player externally.

We need this and video player.

Maybe just use IE browser?

Your only option at the moment is to use the Lua system.openURL() function, which will display the referenced web page using the end-user’s default web browser externally.  This Lua API will also work with your local video files as well; opening them using the user’s default media player externally.