Hr tag mail client on mobile devices

We have a corporate signature with the <hr> tag for horizontal lines. Problem is that mobile devices seems to ignore all formatting. No matter if html4 or css. What am I doing wrong?

<hr style=“border:1px solid color:#e4e4e4;”>

It works well in web browsers and Outlook 2016. The html 4 attributes gave the same result.

Hi and welcome to the Corona community forums. These forums are for developers talking about using Corona, our cross-platform app development software. This channel is to discuss creating apps and games for HTML5 and not to discuss building web content with HTML5.

There are better forums for you to get this answer.

but you may want to try:

<hr style=“border:1px solid; color:#e4e4e4;”>

There is a semicolon missing after the word solid.

Rob

I’m here now so I’ll answer:

You have to go old-skool when coding HTML emails. Many, many tags and CSS properties are unsupported by the various browsers and web based services. My own general rule of thumb is to use table based layouts, standard text (no fancy fonts) over solid colours, and for anything that isn’t standard text, slice it out as an image and drop into a table cell on its own.

There are some really handy support tables online that’ll show you what can and can’t be used, such as this one:

https://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/

Hope this points you in the right direction, but as Rob says, this isn’t the right place if you need further help.

Hi and welcome to the Corona community forums. These forums are for developers talking about using Corona, our cross-platform app development software. This channel is to discuss creating apps and games for HTML5 and not to discuss building web content with HTML5.

There are better forums for you to get this answer.

but you may want to try:

<hr style=“border:1px solid; color:#e4e4e4;”>

There is a semicolon missing after the word solid.

Rob

I’m here now so I’ll answer:

You have to go old-skool when coding HTML emails. Many, many tags and CSS properties are unsupported by the various browsers and web based services. My own general rule of thumb is to use table based layouts, standard text (no fancy fonts) over solid colours, and for anything that isn’t standard text, slice it out as an image and drop into a table cell on its own.

There are some really handy support tables online that’ll show you what can and can’t be used, such as this one:

https://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/

Hope this points you in the right direction, but as Rob says, this isn’t the right place if you need further help.