HTML error for Chrome, maybe others

I am having a hard time getting my fairly simple game to run reliably on Chrome. So far, this gets most of the errors, but I have seen the ‘not a PNG file’ in other browsers at other times. This is the latest.

I also have a client who was running an earlier version, and the opening screen froze. I don’t yet have a screen shot of the error because I cannot replicate it. But all the schools (the game is for history students) use Chrome, so I have to find a reliable solution.

There might be some interaction between server or browser cache, but I clear the server cache every time, and I use shift-reload always for testing the browser.

Is HTML5 in perpetual beta?

Note: I quit Chrome and started and reloaded, and all is fine. But this is not really a solution for school use.

You have to make sure you are viewing the file after it is fully downloaded … and look at the real folder with the real png file and make sure you can view it with your PC whether Mac or PC

The PNG error shows up in a popup before I do anything. And I can wait any amount of time, nothing changes after the error. And, the real png file is there, can be viewed, etc. Note that restarting the browser and it all works fine. Note also the build.settings file error.

If you can share the project folder it would be easier to help :+1: