I am looking for a corona developer for API integration Stripe

Hello,

we have an application that uses the stripe plugin but we have to add a fee on every transaction with the command: application_fee of the stripe API.

Thank you.

we have an application that uses the stripe plugin but we have to add a fee on every transaction with the command: application_fee of the stripe API.

Hi Patrice,

I wrote the Stripe plugin, and I’m sorry that it doesn’t offer the functionality you are looking for. You’re not the first person to ask for this feature, but it’s tricky to implement into the mobile plugin because instead of simply processing a charge and depositing the funds into “your” Stripe account, you’re suddenly juggling your account as the platform as well as “their” Stripe account as the destination for the funds that are remaining after you’ve taken your cut, etc. It’s definitely possible, but it was complicated enough that I opted to not include it in the plugin - it’s also worth noting that the plugin, as a serverless solution, is not really how Stripe would prefer you to process these transactions: they’d rather there be a “middle-man” between the app and Stripe’s servers, particularly since using the plugin means putting your Stripe keys into your app’s code.

If I may offer a solution, if you are processing transactions on the regular, you may want to set up a server somewhere to handle your Stripe transactions, and then just have your app communicate with that server, instead of directly with Stripe. By doing that, you’d be able to leverage existing Stripe libraries like their Rails gem, which make taking an application fee very easy. It also allows you to make changes to your Stripe configuration without needing to redeploy a new app. Details on their server-side libraries can be found here: https://stripe.com/docs/libraries

Thank you for your reply.

We have tried to contact you via your site but the email does not work.

In fact we have an order management application for pizzerias.

A unique app for hundreds of pizzerias that have hundreds of customers.

We use the Stripe connect platform which allows us to link all our pizzerias customers to our Stripe connect account with a unique customer ID.

Example of the current system:

When a final customer places an order for 20 € on the application.

The pizzeria receives the sums of
20 € - (1.4% - 0.25 €) fees Stripe
and so he perceives: 19.43 €

We want to add our transaction fees of 2.6%.

So then the pizzeria will get the amount of:

20 € - (1.4% - 0.25 €) fees included Stripe - (2.6%) = 18.92 €

The fees will appear in the detail of the transaction fees on the stripe account of pizzeria.

Either we thought it was possible to do a development layer on your plugin or you have to do a custom development from the Stripe API.

@patrice.aschen: thanks for the clarification. I may be able to help you with a more customized variant of the plugin that you could add to your project. I’ll reach out to you via DM in the next day or so to start that conversation (sorry I can’t respond more quickly, but I’m a bit swamped at the moment). Also: thanks for letting me know about my contact form on my website! I’ll look into that: truthfully I set it up a long time ago and just sort of forgot about it, since it was working at the time. I’ll get that corrected ASAP - hope I wasn’t missing too many communications from would-be clients!  :blink:

Thank you for your help,

Hi you can contact me at  : fastpizapp@gmail.com

I trye to send to you an email again and i tell you if it’s working or not and what is the form i used.

Regards,

Patrice

Hi Patrice,

I wrote the Stripe plugin, and I’m sorry that it doesn’t offer the functionality you are looking for. You’re not the first person to ask for this feature, but it’s tricky to implement into the mobile plugin because instead of simply processing a charge and depositing the funds into “your” Stripe account, you’re suddenly juggling your account as the platform as well as “their” Stripe account as the destination for the funds that are remaining after you’ve taken your cut, etc. It’s definitely possible, but it was complicated enough that I opted to not include it in the plugin - it’s also worth noting that the plugin, as a serverless solution, is not really how Stripe would prefer you to process these transactions: they’d rather there be a “middle-man” between the app and Stripe’s servers, particularly since using the plugin means putting your Stripe keys into your app’s code.

If I may offer a solution, if you are processing transactions on the regular, you may want to set up a server somewhere to handle your Stripe transactions, and then just have your app communicate with that server, instead of directly with Stripe. By doing that, you’d be able to leverage existing Stripe libraries like their Rails gem, which make taking an application fee very easy. It also allows you to make changes to your Stripe configuration without needing to redeploy a new app. Details on their server-side libraries can be found here: https://stripe.com/docs/libraries

Thank you for your reply.

We have tried to contact you via your site but the email does not work.

In fact we have an order management application for pizzerias.

A unique app for hundreds of pizzerias that have hundreds of customers.

We use the Stripe connect platform which allows us to link all our pizzerias customers to our Stripe connect account with a unique customer ID.

Example of the current system:

When a final customer places an order for 20 € on the application.

The pizzeria receives the sums of
20 € - (1.4% - 0.25 €) fees Stripe
and so he perceives: 19.43 €

We want to add our transaction fees of 2.6%.

So then the pizzeria will get the amount of:

20 € - (1.4% - 0.25 €) fees included Stripe - (2.6%) = 18.92 €

The fees will appear in the detail of the transaction fees on the stripe account of pizzeria.

Either we thought it was possible to do a development layer on your plugin or you have to do a custom development from the Stripe API.

@patrice.aschen: thanks for the clarification. I may be able to help you with a more customized variant of the plugin that you could add to your project. I’ll reach out to you via DM in the next day or so to start that conversation (sorry I can’t respond more quickly, but I’m a bit swamped at the moment). Also: thanks for letting me know about my contact form on my website! I’ll look into that: truthfully I set it up a long time ago and just sort of forgot about it, since it was working at the time. I’ll get that corrected ASAP - hope I wasn’t missing too many communications from would-be clients!  :blink:

Thank you for your help,

Hi you can contact me at  : fastpizapp@gmail.com

I trye to send to you an email again and i tell you if it’s working or not and what is the form i used.

Regards,

Patrice