I applaud the effort but...

This looks like something that is going to take A LOT of corona lab’s resources just to catch up with Vladu’s LevelHelper.  If you’re going to do it then make sure you can dedicate the programmers to make it the premiere tool… otherwise you’re wasting resources that could be used to make the engine itself better.  That’s my 2 cents for what it’s worth.  : )

Thanks for the feedback Tim. Point taken.

Vladu’s tools are Mac only, so windows users are proverbially stuffed.
I hope Coronalabs make this available to all users soon - Starter and Basic users … fingers crossed!

+1. Vladu’s beta for Levelhelper 2.0 is unreal! Corona has got miles to go before this new tool is even close to what Mr. Bogdan has created in his first version(1.0).

A link: [url=http://www.levelhelper.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3328&hilit=levelhelper+2[/url]

Seems like Coronas is wasting it’s resourses and time on this. Windows users already have LevelDirector and this tool doesn’t appear to do any more than what LevelDirector already does.

+1, as a “concern”.

With all the “2.0” thingies, and cards, and html, and particles, and whatever other fluff I’ve forgotten, one has to at least wonder if Corona is getting ready to jump the shark.

(BTW, use of ‘fluff’ above not intended to be derogatory/criticizing, just as classification that it’s something other than, or beyond, core – fair enough? I’d retract and substitute a word less “controversial” if I could think of one at the moment :D)

I understand that “products” are probably what gets your marketing department excited, but are you hiring a corresponding number of new engineers? Granted that “fixed bug #371” doesn’t make for good ad copy, but you can’t RETAIN users if core languishes. (which might be important if you’re a subscription model, right? oh, you are!)

Submitted for your consideration: The platforms underneath you are moving/changing/evolving far too quickly to take it for granted that core could remain viable without continued and dedicated effort. Entropy is not your friend. You guys now have your arms spread far and wide, hope you can keep everything juggled. Gravity isn’t friendly either.

It seems an interesting product, tho not something that interests me. (if you want MY money, then work on core)

Cheers,
Dave

I tend to agree… I’m a bit concerned as well.

People keep saying “doesn’t do as much as LH” – but that’s a selling point for me. I purchased LH and have tried to use it several times and it just kicks my butt every time. There are times to say “no” to more features. 

I think CL are painting themselves into a corner with the current incarnation, but not because it doesn’t “do enough” or something like that. And while I like core framework fixes, something like Composer GUI is a necessity.

Jay

Thanks for the feedback Tim. Point taken.

Vladu’s tools are Mac only, so windows users are proverbially stuffed.
I hope Coronalabs make this available to all users soon - Starter and Basic users … fingers crossed!

+1. Vladu’s beta for Levelhelper 2.0 is unreal! Corona has got miles to go before this new tool is even close to what Mr. Bogdan has created in his first version(1.0).

A link: [url=http://www.levelhelper.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3328&hilit=levelhelper+2[/url]

Seems like Coronas is wasting it’s resourses and time on this. Windows users already have LevelDirector and this tool doesn’t appear to do any more than what LevelDirector already does.

+1, as a “concern”.

With all the “2.0” thingies, and cards, and html, and particles, and whatever other fluff I’ve forgotten, one has to at least wonder if Corona is getting ready to jump the shark.

(BTW, use of ‘fluff’ above not intended to be derogatory/criticizing, just as classification that it’s something other than, or beyond, core – fair enough? I’d retract and substitute a word less “controversial” if I could think of one at the moment :D)

I understand that “products” are probably what gets your marketing department excited, but are you hiring a corresponding number of new engineers? Granted that “fixed bug #371” doesn’t make for good ad copy, but you can’t RETAIN users if core languishes. (which might be important if you’re a subscription model, right? oh, you are!)

Submitted for your consideration: The platforms underneath you are moving/changing/evolving far too quickly to take it for granted that core could remain viable without continued and dedicated effort. Entropy is not your friend. You guys now have your arms spread far and wide, hope you can keep everything juggled. Gravity isn’t friendly either.

It seems an interesting product, tho not something that interests me. (if you want MY money, then work on core)

Cheers,
Dave

I tend to agree… I’m a bit concerned as well.

People keep saying “doesn’t do as much as LH” – but that’s a selling point for me. I purchased LH and have tried to use it several times and it just kicks my butt every time. There are times to say “no” to more features. 

I think CL are painting themselves into a corner with the current incarnation, but not because it doesn’t “do enough” or something like that. And while I like core framework fixes, something like Composer GUI is a necessity.

Jay