I created a tool to pack a Corona App into a single executable file for Windows

Hi All,

In short, I have created a paid tool to pack a Corona App on Windows into a single executable file and just want to share it with you.

I hope I’ve choosen correct place to write about BoxedApp. I thought about “Announcement”, but finally decided to write to “Tell Us About Yourself”. I work on BoxedApp since 2008, so you may consider BoxedApp as a part of me.

Well, some time ago one customer wrote me that he wanted to make a single file that contains his Corona application along with Corona runtime and all application’s assets. The good news was the fact is that the job has been done successfully with my product, BoxedApp Packer.

He said it might be interesting for other developers who use Corona SDK. That’s why I am here. First of all I wrote a tutorial how to use BoxedApp Packer for this task, here it is: 

https://www.boxedapp.com/boxedapppacker/usecases/pack_corona_sdk_app_into_single_exe.html

The tool might look a bit expensive: if you want a discount I would just ask to mention BoxedApp on your product site. Write me to PM or to Artem dot Razin youknowwhat gmail dot com

Hope this helps!

Hi Artem. Normally these types of posts would not be welcome here, but since you’ve got a use case that Corona developers might find useful, it’s okay, however, it should be in our “Other Products and Services” forum. I’ll move it here. Please use that forum in the future. 

https://forums.coronalabs.com/forum/561-other-products-and-services/

Rob

Rob, sure and thank you!

Am I correct in assuming that your software performs the same general function as Enigma Virtual Box?

As a prospective customer, I am interested in hearing what features your software offers that Enigma doesn’t.

Indeed, there are similar solutions around, including commercial, free and even open source. People wrote me that BoxedApp worked while others don’t. Also they wrote me that other solutions didn’t have some features they needed, like overriden command line, or custom plugins (DLLs that are loaded at startup).

Hi Artem. Normally these types of posts would not be welcome here, but since you’ve got a use case that Corona developers might find useful, it’s okay, however, it should be in our “Other Products and Services” forum. I’ll move it here. Please use that forum in the future. 

https://forums.coronalabs.com/forum/561-other-products-and-services/

Rob

Rob, sure and thank you!

Am I correct in assuming that your software performs the same general function as Enigma Virtual Box?

As a prospective customer, I am interested in hearing what features your software offers that Enigma doesn’t.

Indeed, there are similar solutions around, including commercial, free and even open source. People wrote me that BoxedApp worked while others don’t. Also they wrote me that other solutions didn’t have some features they needed, like overriden command line, or custom plugins (DLLs that are loaded at startup).