I found Extension for SVG and other formats

Hi
has anybody tried this extension for Solar2d? I do not understand its purpose…

David

Maybe the developer @devex could answer your question and provide more information about the extension.

thank you.
What I am looking for is a way to save my shapes (e.g display.newRect) as SVG locally or up to a server.

David

The extension is meant to allow you to display image formats that solar2d does not natively support such as svg, webp, etc.
So for example if you had an existing svg file, or could generate one on demand, the gfxe plugin would make it possible to display the image in your game.
The extension does not provide the ability to create or save images. It only displays them.

2 Likes

thanks devex. I understand.
so, when it comes to SVG how does your extension compare to this plugin-> Solar2D Documentation — Plugins | Nano SVG
which shows loaded SVG on screen.

David

My extension also displays SVG images on screen, but has support for much more of the SVG standard, which means you can use it to display more complex SVG images. An example being SVG images that contain text, which nanoSVG does not support.

The extension also has support for other image formats such as webp, including playback of animated webp images. You should check out the sample project and documentation:

2 Likes

Awesome, I see the difference with the other plugin.
Yours is more useful for displaying advanced SVG which is what I also need.

thanks a lot!

David

Hey @devex can you submit the extension to the Code Exchange as well? I’m not sure if this kind of usage qualifies for Plugins Directory but if it fits, I think you should also submit there as well. I believe other developers would also want the plugin to be available on those pages, makes them more accessible.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.