I need feedback about my game because of supposed crash.

Hello everyone,

I have made a game with solar2d and I publish it on google play few days ago but It seems every players who start the game are blocked at level 11 (unless me) and sometimes they just don’t goes after level one.

I think it is a crash while opening the app and I don’t see it on my phone (tested on 2 androids phone).

Can you please just doing this two little things please :

• test the game and going to level > 10 to check if you have crashing ?
  • Connecting to google game services if there is bug.

Here is the application link :

Thanks you.
Yvan.

Congratulations! My feedback: I think you should increase the speed of the balls.

Thanks you for your reply. And did you notice any bug or crash when getting higher to level 10 ?
I ask this because I think there are a default or a crash that block many player and I can’t replicate this bug on local development.

@aclementerodrguez

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Yvan.

I got as far as level 14 and not getting any crashes. I do not make it a habit to login to a game with my Google account, so I am not logged in.

Thank you for your return.
@Siu

Actually I have absolutely zero euros in-app-purchase and merely zero revenu by advertising after releasing the game 4 days ago so I asked to myself if it’s normal or if I had to wait more time.

Is someone can tested the connection of google game services please ?

Thanks.
Yvan.

I have not experienced crashes on one device. Are the devices that are crashing Samsung? Can you tell? I didn’t bring any Samsung on my vacation, but I’ll try on my Pixel once it charges. I also logged in with Google. Also, remember that less than 1% buy anything in the store, so not seeing any purchases is normal. I know for my games it is more like .02% buy anything.

Sorry for the delay. I haven’t reached level 10 yet.

Hi,

I got 18 level :⁠-⁠)

Have a nice day,
ldurniat

Thank you @agramonte , @aclementerodrguez and @ldurniat for you return.

I am reassured that it seems to have no bugs with the use of admob and google-play game services.
I paid for a 300 € advertising on google ads and after now 5000 download I have still zero purchase. The difficulty of the game is I think well-balanced and with 0.02 % of 5000 downloads I hope to get at least 1 purchase but still nothing I will wait.

I will slitghly decrease the difficulty after level 20 because perhaps people are blocked here.

Sincerely,
Yvan.

Hey @Yvan , how did you set the campaign in order to get that amount of installs just with 300€?.. I mean, what CPI did you set???

Also, what region did you set? Regions that have a lower CPI tend to not convert as well. (In other words, if you’re only paying six cents per install, there’s a reason for it.)

@aclementerodrguez
@colinmorgan

In fact I have started making a first google ads in may 2022 for 230 € using automatic-selection by google that brings me 1890 installations.

I don’t fill-in the whole setp-up from google about images and videos because of lack of energy. I just add 2 titles 1 description 1 image and 1 video without any music :

The cpi was around 0.12 € and countries of displaying were mainly India, Pakistan and Algeria.

After this I stop developing this application during 1 year and 10 months and the installated devices dropped less than 100 users.

And I started again but with more images and better videos with music.

This time with 300 € (20 € per day during 15 days) 5160 installations

It is also a fully-automatic chosen options by google and cpi was 0,06 € with also mainly the countries Pakistan, India and Venezuela:

And I still not having a single In-App-Purchase and 2 € per month with admob (1 banner and ad with reward).

After how many downloads do you get In-App-Purchase ? Did you have an app on iOS and if yes is your in-app-purchase quickly higher than android ?

Thank you.
Yvan.

1 Like

On average, conversion rates for in-app purchases tend to range between 1% and 5%, but this can vary considerably depending on the industry, the quality of the application, the monetization strategy, among other factors.

Some studies suggest that iOS users tend to spend more money on apps and in-app purchases on average than Android users. In my case, I also have apps on iOS, and what is certain is that more is earned with ads on iOS than on Android. Earnings from ads are quite relative.

To create my latest game, I studied a puzzle game called Woodoku and implemented ads very similarly to how they do it. The result: with just 50 active users, I earned $26 in the last 30 days.

Here’s a recommendation: every time you’re about to show an interstitial (not a rewarded video), check if about 4 minutes haven’t passed since the last time you showed one. If 4 minutes have passed, show the interstitial.

Tip: try showing an interstitial every time your player wants to restart the level or use a certain booster, and so on… The ‘closed’ phase in AdMob is triggered when an interstitial, rewarded video, or app open is closed. Use this phase to reset a variable that keeps track of time: os.time(), and you’ll be able to check every time your code requests an ad if 4 minutes have passed. Do this as follows:

timeAdDisplayed = os.time()

Then, when you request an ad (interstitial or app open) you can do this:

if os.difftime( os.time(), timeAdDisplayed ) > 240 then
     -- show the ad
end
1 Like

Thanks you for your reply @aclementerodrguez .
Your experience is mind blowing and getting more than 20 € by month with just 50 users is amazing.

Me I only put banners and rewards but I removed interstitial because It was annoying for my kind of game to display this every 10 levels. It feel like an interruption during the game.

I have tried others advertisings focus on France, England and USA using google ads (100 €) and tiktok ads (100 € also) and I will post the result after.

And after this I will build the same app for ios hoping to get a start of money wins.
Are you using admob from google to show inner ad on your ios app or an other merchant ?

Sincerely,
Yvan.

The result surprised me too. I have never had such good results with Admob.

You’re correct. After our discussion, I’ve come to realize that my current approach to implementing ads might not be suitable for your type of game. I currently utilize AdMob for my Android and iOS apps, but I haven’t explored other app stores yet. In fact, my apps are exclusively available on the Play Store and App Store. I’ll make it a priority to submit my apps to Huawei and other stores promptly.