I need Game Ideas!

Someone, I need a new, simple idea for a mobile game. One that is very simple but very addictive Please Help

Iā€™m not sure if people would be willing to share their ideas but you can check reddit for that matter. Found this in this subreddit.

Why does it need to be addictive?

Are you hoping to make money, or are you interested in learning about game dev?

If the prior, then I think its up to you to come up with ideas. Also, trying to make a game for which you personally have no interest, but which others may find ā€˜addictiveā€™ is pointless. If you have no passion for the game itself, that will show in the end product.

If the latter, then I would suggest browsing a list like ā€˜1001 Video Gamesā€¦ā€™ and just remake one that takes your fancy. This isnā€™t to sell of course, but to have fun learning and to appreciate how even the simplest of these games is actually pretty hard to remake (at least initially).

PS - I realize many of those games are 3D, but then again many are 2D and very able to be reproduced in Corona/Solar2D:

• Asteroids
  • Bejeweled *
  • Bombjack
  • Bomberman
  • Bookworm
  • Bubble Bobble
  • Breakout
  • ā€¦
3 Likes

Idea is the least important thing , everyone has ā€œideasā€ , the real deal is to be able to bring it to life

Hi @tal_nahum,

Try

1. ā€œI Need Practice Programmingā€: 49 Ideas for Game Clones to Code
  2. List of 49 simple games easy to clone for the beginner developer

Have a nice day:)
ldurniat

2 Likes

@everyone and @anyone reading this post.

It is a great idea to clone/copy games for practice, especially if you have played the game before and/or can get a copy and play it now.

This lets you focus entirely on mechanics and understanding how Corona/Solar2D works.

Also, for the the lists above, you can likely find examples by folks who went before you. So, when you get done (or stuck) making your version of a old game, you can see how others have done it.

I have remade many of the games on the above lists and you can find my work here:

3 Likes