I am struggling with this error when I am doing function onRowRender for the Tableview widget " attempt to index local ‘rowGroup’ (a nil value) stack traceback:"
the code issue error when I am using rowGroup. when I removed it, the code works fine. What is wrong in event.view ??
Thanks ksan for the quick response. I need to use that rowGroup to do insert as well so we dont full the memory later on. As I read in some articles it is good practice to handle it this way. I am not sure if there another way do insert in a group and purge them later. Thx Abdul
You’re most welcome. My understanding is (and I might very well be wrong…) is that this should work well. When you use the following to insert text into your row :
You are actually telling the SDK that the new textObject will be inserted into the group called row which earlier in the code you define as local row = event.row. So any display object inserted in this manner becomes part of the row. The rows and their contents are managed by the tableView widget and you don’t need to worry about removing them later on individually. Tableview widget will do as needed and remove them for you when the time comes.
Thanks ksan for the quick response. I need to use that rowGroup to do insert as well so we dont full the memory later on. As I read in some articles it is good practice to handle it this way. I am not sure if there another way do insert in a group and purge them later. Thx Abdul
You’re most welcome. My understanding is (and I might very well be wrong…) is that this should work well. When you use the following to insert text into your row :
You are actually telling the SDK that the new textObject will be inserted into the group called row which earlier in the code you define as local row = event.row. So any display object inserted in this manner becomes part of the row. The rows and their contents are managed by the tableView widget and you don’t need to worry about removing them later on individually. Tableview widget will do as needed and remove them for you when the time comes.