Hi,
I integrated iAd in my app and i added plugin in my build.settings. And my code for ad show is
ads:setCurrentProvider(“iads”)
local adY = display.contentHeight
ads.show( “banner”, { x=0, y=adY } )
It is working fine and ad shows in bottom.
Problem is whenever i delete app from background that time ad shows in top of the screen. otherwise it working fine. What is this issue?
MAS1
November 29, 2013, 12:33pm
2
rob
November 29, 2013, 5:56pm
3
There is a known bug with iAds at the bottom of the screen not being tappable, but I thought it had been fixed in a daily build, but I don’t see it in the release notes. I’ll ping engineering and see if they know the status on that fix. It is a holiday weekend, so don’t expect a response before next week.
Thanks
Rob
MAS1
November 29, 2013, 6:08pm
4
Hi Rob,
Cheers for the update. Test iAd banners are working fine for me. I’ve just updated a bunch of apps and will report back if the issue is resolved.
According to dchan (http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/41760-iads-not-clickable-anyone-else-having-this-issue/ ):
"Hi,
Please try building your apps again to see if its been fixed for your case. If not please post some sample code of your use case. Thanks."
Bit cryptic that as there’s no mention if a fix was actually applied! Still, the test iAd banners respond when tapped so I’m hopeful!
Best.
MAS1
rob
November 29, 2013, 6:10pm
5
iAds are done by a plugin now that I think about it, and it wouldn’t be in the release notes.
So the clicking problem should be solved. As for why it jumps to the top, I’m not sure about that one.
Rob
MAS1
November 29, 2013, 6:17pm
6
I posted a hack-fix-work-around for the “iAd banner appears at the top when I want it at the bottom” problem here:
http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/41760-iads-not-clickable-anyone-else-having-this-issue/
I’m assuming that a plugin (iAd or any other) always grabs the latest code and is not tied to a specific Corona build.
MAS1
MAS1
November 29, 2013, 12:33pm
7
rob
November 29, 2013, 5:56pm
8
There is a known bug with iAds at the bottom of the screen not being tappable, but I thought it had been fixed in a daily build, but I don’t see it in the release notes. I’ll ping engineering and see if they know the status on that fix. It is a holiday weekend, so don’t expect a response before next week.
Thanks
Rob
MAS1
November 29, 2013, 6:08pm
9
Hi Rob,
Cheers for the update. Test iAd banners are working fine for me. I’ve just updated a bunch of apps and will report back if the issue is resolved.
According to dchan (http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/41760-iads-not-clickable-anyone-else-having-this-issue/ ):
"Hi,
Please try building your apps again to see if its been fixed for your case. If not please post some sample code of your use case. Thanks."
Bit cryptic that as there’s no mention if a fix was actually applied! Still, the test iAd banners respond when tapped so I’m hopeful!
Best.
MAS1
rob
November 29, 2013, 6:10pm
10
iAds are done by a plugin now that I think about it, and it wouldn’t be in the release notes.
So the clicking problem should be solved. As for why it jumps to the top, I’m not sure about that one.
Rob
MAS1
November 29, 2013, 6:17pm
11
I posted a hack-fix-work-around for the “iAd banner appears at the top when I want it at the bottom” problem here:
http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/41760-iads-not-clickable-anyone-else-having-this-issue/
I’m assuming that a plugin (iAd or any other) always grabs the latest code and is not tied to a specific Corona build.
MAS1