iap refund on google play

Hello everyone☺

i am currently testing iap, and i have a few simple questions about refunding iap in google play.
i have just one consumable product in my project.
so far in my testing the product has been successfully purchased and declared as consumed, multiple times. the transaction listener acknowledges the purchase and in return gives the user the digital product.

but there are problems with refunding the product. i requested refunds in two different ways:

1. through the play console as the developer
  2. through google play website as the user(=> payments and subscriptions=>budget and order history)

all the purchases were declared as “Refunded” in the play console and on the google play website, but not a single refund transaction event was sent to the transaction listener(the listener handles the refund when the transaction.state == “refunded” or transaction.state == “cancelled”)

my questions:
-does google send refund transaction events if you are testing iap? maybe this is why nothing happens? or something else is the problem?

-i need a way to link a refund to the previous purchase. is it correct to assume, that this is possible to do via orderId in originalJson? i know that after a successful purchase i get this data in the transaction listener. i save it on the device itself. but i don’t know if the originalJson is even sent in a refund transaction event? and if so, does it contain orderId property? is there another way to do this?

any help is kindly appreciated☺

1 Like