ignoring unsafe symlink

When I compile my app I see a warning message in the output which states:

ignoring unsafe symlink "[...]/MultipadServer.app/Contents/Resources/Corona/palstyleshapes" -\> "../palstyleshapes"

The symlink that Corona is referring to is a shared library between the mobile and desktop parts of the project. It’s very important to me that both use the same code and that I avoid duplicating it. This folder contains images and it seems to be the images which get culled. Is there any way to get around this error? 

You might want to put an entry in your build.settings to ignore the symlink. We basically copy all files in the project folder to the bundle. Most people using symlinks are linking to things outside the folder, not within.

Rob

Thanks, but I want Corona to copy the images in the folder pointed at into the project. 

So my structure looks like this:

project/ ├── shared code/ │ └── images ├── mobile project/ │ └── symlink to shared code └── desktop project/ └── symlink to shared code

I want the symlink to shared code to be wholly replaced with the shared code folder when I build.

It’s worth saying that the desktop and mobile projects are very different programs. The mobile application is a training task where the user learns how to do a task, while the desktop task is a suite of tests which evaluate the effectiveness of the training, so the codebases only have a small amount of shared code in common, but are part of the same project.

Well that should work actually. Let me ask the engineers about it.

This will be fixed in Daily Builds 2016.2977 and higher.

Thanks, much appreciated!

You might want to put an entry in your build.settings to ignore the symlink. We basically copy all files in the project folder to the bundle. Most people using symlinks are linking to things outside the folder, not within.

Rob

Thanks, but I want Corona to copy the images in the folder pointed at into the project. 

So my structure looks like this:

project/ ├── shared code/ │ └── images ├── mobile project/ │ └── symlink to shared code └── desktop project/ └── symlink to shared code

I want the symlink to shared code to be wholly replaced with the shared code folder when I build.

It’s worth saying that the desktop and mobile projects are very different programs. The mobile application is a training task where the user learns how to do a task, while the desktop task is a suite of tests which evaluate the effectiveness of the training, so the codebases only have a small amount of shared code in common, but are part of the same project.

Well that should work actually. Let me ask the engineers about it.

This will be fixed in Daily Builds 2016.2977 and higher.

Thanks, much appreciated!