Implement VunglePlayAdOptionKeyShowClose

Hey @Vungle!

I’d like to have the option to programmatically enable/disable the close button on the video ads. I have points in my app where I’d like to force a full view of the video, whereas at other points the video should be skippable.

As it is at the moment it can only be controlled via the Vungle dashboard to enable/disable forced view on all ads which is a bit limiting since the native iOS SDK allows programmatic control.

Any plans to include this feature in the Corona plugin?

There used to be an option for this called isCloseShown (see the old documentation here: http://docs.coronalabs.com/legacy/plugin/vungle/show.html).  But it seems it’s been removed in the daily build documentation / latest plugin.  It would be great to get a comment from Vungle as to whether it’s still supported or not.

• Andrew

Thanks for the info!

I’m going to try and see if that option still works…

Update

It seems as if isCloseShown is still available in the latest Corona plugin.

I’ve tested this setting to enable / disable the close button on my ads, and it works as expected. Great! I hope that this is just an omission from the docs and that there are no plans to remove it from the plugin.

Thanks @aukStudios for bringing this option to my attention.

Hi everyone, 

Yes, showClose does work on iOS, but not on Android. Both can be controlled through the dash (though as you mentioned, this is less flexible). I have raised these points with our product team, and they are deciding how best to make things consistent. 

Thanks!

Jordyn

Vungle

Tech Support Engineer

@jordyn

Thanks for the confirmation that it works on iOS.

I’d suggest updating the docs to add the option to the options table, and also add a “Gotchas” section mentioning that isCloseShown isn’t yet supported on Android.

Thanks for the suggestions! Depending on what Product decides, we’ll update the docs accordingly :slight_smile:

There used to be an option for this called isCloseShown (see the old documentation here: http://docs.coronalabs.com/legacy/plugin/vungle/show.html).  But it seems it’s been removed in the daily build documentation / latest plugin.  It would be great to get a comment from Vungle as to whether it’s still supported or not.

• Andrew

Thanks for the info!

I’m going to try and see if that option still works…

Update

It seems as if isCloseShown is still available in the latest Corona plugin.

I’ve tested this setting to enable / disable the close button on my ads, and it works as expected. Great! I hope that this is just an omission from the docs and that there are no plans to remove it from the plugin.

Thanks @aukStudios for bringing this option to my attention.

Hi everyone, 

Yes, showClose does work on iOS, but not on Android. Both can be controlled through the dash (though as you mentioned, this is less flexible). I have raised these points with our product team, and they are deciding how best to make things consistent. 

Thanks!

Jordyn

Vungle

Tech Support Engineer

@jordyn

Thanks for the confirmation that it works on iOS.

I’d suggest updating the docs to add the option to the options table, and also add a “Gotchas” section mentioning that isCloseShown isn’t yet supported on Android.

Thanks for the suggestions! Depending on what Product decides, we’ll update the docs accordingly :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have set forced view to NO but im still being forced to view the whole thing… Does it take time to take effect?  this is on iOS 

Any ideas?

Hi David, 

Looks like that method isn’t documented- I’ll ask our mobile team to add it. Use isCloseShown = true as a param in ads.show:

http://docs.coronalabs.com/daily/plugin/vungle/show.html

Jordyn / Vungle

Hi,

I have set forced view to NO but im still being forced to view the whole thing… Does it take time to take effect?  this is on iOS 

Any ideas?

Hi David, 

Looks like that method isn’t documented- I’ll ask our mobile team to add it. Use isCloseShown = true as a param in ads.show:

http://docs.coronalabs.com/daily/plugin/vungle/show.html

Jordyn / Vungle