Inquiries when

Hi Solar team,
There’re some questions incurred during development:

1. At present, there is no interface editor on the windows side, and it takes a lot of

work to manually adjust the coordinates. Is it possible to make an editor to improve

development efficiency.

1. When pressing ctrl + R to restart corona on Windows, you will get stuck, and then the following prompt will appear in the background:

1. Text support is not friendly enough, does not support rich text (multi-color text) and
    other functions drawCall rendering performance indicators can not be obtained, there is no real-time frame rate graph and other necessary performance indicator tools

Moreover,really appreciate the team can send me via email so our company could get in touch with you guys. Thanks

1 Like

@Sandy1104,

Welcome to the community. Please be aware, there is no team so to speak. Poor @vlads is carrying most of the water right now when it comes to engineering (and everything else).

Regarding your post:

editor - This is no visual editor and one will not be coming any time soon. In my experience creating games and interfaces is already very efficient and can be done with very little code.

CTRL-R Stuck - What version of Solar2D are you running? I haven’t seen that issue for quite some time. Also, are you running a demo and seeing this issue, or is it your game/app?

Text Support - This is also unlikely to change. Solar2D is focused more towards games and less towards apps. Note: If you really need this, you can do it yourself, by editing the source, or making a lua library. I made a MLText module a long time back as an experiment:

https://github.com/roaminggamer/RG_FreeStuff/raw/master/AskEd/2015/10/mltext_mod.zip

FPS Data and Other Tools - You can easily make this and I’ve done so before. Right now, users can use my free FPS meter and MEM meters here: https://roaminggamer.github.io/RGDocs/pages/SSK2/libraries/meters/

Also, there are tools out there already for profiling, etc. You just have to look for them.

While there is no longer a maintained project, peek at the video to see graphing tools can be made:

1 Like

@roaminggamer Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

Since we’re wondering about the specific situation of crowdfunding and your subsequent maintenance .

Hope to hear from you soon.

Making such an editor is possible, and since Solar2D is open source, anyone could take on the project of developing one. It would, however, be a significant undertaking.

The thing about Solar2D is that once you learn how the coordinate system works, you won’t really even need a drag and drop editor as it would only slow you down.

With texts, I personally prefer to use bitmap fonts as they allow for more versatile and controllable texts. There are several plugins that you can use to handle bitmap fonts, like ponyfont.

1 Like

@Sandy1104 I don’t understand your most recent post.

Is there a question or questions you meant to ask?

If you wish to help fund Vlad’s efforts you can do so via either of these:

1 Like

@roaminggamer Hi~ thanks for the links, yes ,our company is thinking about to help fund Vlad , but also considering about the continuous maintenance of SOLAR2D , so could any ways we may know more details of @vlads 's plan for SOLAR 2D project ? It will determine the amount of the funds we could contribute per month by our company

Thanks

Plans for near future are pretty straightforward:

1. Get build system up and running
  2. Migrate plugins from the old marketplace, make Solar2D Free Plugin Directory operational
  3. Migrate to Android X artifacts
  4. Update ad plugins to newest versions
  5. Migrate to Apple Metal because Apple may remove OpenGL support in future iOS versions.
  6. Support Nintendo Switch
  7. Improve HTML5 Support
  8. Rewrite build system for Apple so it relies on Xcode to manage signing certificates.

First 2 are heavily in progress, 3rd doesn’t seem like it would be too hard. 4 is just lots of unpleasant work. 5 is very important and hard. 6-7 depending on funding if I can hire dev who was working on those things. He could help with 4 and 5 as well… Thats that.

6 Likes