This always confuses me with Lua.
I have a table like this -
[lua]
local winningsTable = {
{ rowID = 0, amountWon = 0 }
}
[/lua]
Can happily set values using winningsTable[“rowID”] = 10.
But how do add another record ?
Now if I know how many I need to add I can do this when setting up the table but if I don’t know how many, how do I add them. I know there is a table insert command but that doesn’t seem to work.
Dave
Can happily set values using winningsTable[“rowID”] = 10.
If you do that you’ll end up with is a table like this (I don’t think that’s what you want):
winningtable = {
[1] = {rowID = 0, amountWon = 0},
[“rowID”] = 10
}
If you want to set the value of “rowID” in your first row you should use
winningtable[1][“rowID”] = 10
To add a second row to your table you simply call
winningtable[#winningtable + 1] = {rowID = 0, amountWon = 0}
BTW.
If rowID above is just to keep an index of that particular row you don’t need it since the index is implicit in the table.
row 1 = winningtable[1]
row 2 = winningtable[2]
etc.
Cheers, it was this I needed -
winningtable[#winningtable + 1] = {rowID = 0, amountWon = 0}
I just couldn’t work it out, I was trying winningsTable[2][“rowID”] = without doing the above first.
Yeah rowID isn’t actually the row in the array it is referencing a rowID from a SQLite Table, so I know which rows need updating.
Dave
Can happily set values using winningsTable[“rowID”] = 10.
If you do that you’ll end up with is a table like this (I don’t think that’s what you want):
winningtable = {
[1] = {rowID = 0, amountWon = 0},
[“rowID”] = 10
}
If you want to set the value of “rowID” in your first row you should use
winningtable[1][“rowID”] = 10
To add a second row to your table you simply call
winningtable[#winningtable + 1] = {rowID = 0, amountWon = 0}
BTW.
If rowID above is just to keep an index of that particular row you don’t need it since the index is implicit in the table.
row 1 = winningtable[1]
row 2 = winningtable[2]
etc.
Cheers, it was this I needed -
winningtable[#winningtable + 1] = {rowID = 0, amountWon = 0}
I just couldn’t work it out, I was trying winningsTable[2][“rowID”] = without doing the above first.
Yeah rowID isn’t actually the row in the array it is referencing a rowID from a SQLite Table, so I know which rows need updating.
Dave