Installing a Provisioning Profile with Xcode 16.0 doesn't work

Today, I installed the latest version of Xcode (16.0) with macOS 15.0.1 and created two provisioning profiles for two of my apps. I then downloaded them from App Store Connect and installed them on my Mac by double-clicking each one, just as I’ve done many times before to install the provisioning profiles I create every year to update my apps with a new certificate.

What’s strange is that when I search in Finder under the Provisioning Profiles section, neither of them appears. I’ve reinstalled them, and still, they don’t show up. They also don’t appear in Solar2D (which makes sense since they aren’t recognized as installed). I’ve restarted my Mac to see if that would solve the issue, but it hasn’t helped.

I can only assume that Xcode has implemented something new that prevents the profiles from being installed by simply double-clicking them.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I’m not sure if what happened with me is similar
but a few days ago I spent 11 hours trapped in the entire loop

Eventually I updated MAC OS to latest, XCode to latest, Solar2D to latest, had to remove a plugin
Created New Certificates and New Provisioning Profiles and it worked like Magic and my publish went through successfully

I updated macOS, Xcode and Solar2D to latest too, created a new Provisioning Profile with a new Certificate that I create some days ago and when I doble-click the downloaded Provisioning Profile, it doesn’t show up as installed on my Mac. I’ve searched on Google but haven’t found a solution yet.

I remembered a few more stuff…

I deleted existing provisioning profiles from Xcode and perhaps from Apple developer website … but i think deleting from XCode solves your problem