Introduction into LunarAds

no, it’s not the ipad3 that’s the issue. In fact, the ads show up okay on the ipad3. it shows up scaled up too large on all the other devices.

Have you tried clicking any of these ads by the way?

It puts our game into an endless loop, whenever the user tries to return back to the game. It’ll just keep re-directing them back to the other install page 5 or 6 times. (for as long as 30 second) Until it finally resumes the game. This is a really bad experience. Not sure whether that’s a specific advertiser, how all of these ads tend to work, or something weird with Lunar Ads.

EDIT: Turns out that the endless cycling issue is mostly isolated to the iphone4. Anyone else have this issue? [import]uid: 43096 topic_id: 25730 reply_id: 107185[/import]

Hello David.

That’s really strange. I have clicked on many ads and they all seems to bring me to the app store fine. This is on ipad 2. Unfortunately my iphone 4 needs to be upgraded since I am running 4.2.7 on it! I recently start using build 790 and so I need at least 4.3. So far my only issue with Lunar Ads been that it does not always return ads but other than that no problem.

I will need to upgrade my iphone 4 anyway to test my game again and I will let you know. But when I was using the stable built (704) My iphone 4 did not have any issue either with Lunar Ads. That could have change with the SDK 1.5

Mo [import]uid: 100814 topic_id: 25730 reply_id: 107195[/import]

I’m running version 5.1 on my iphone4. So it’s not an issue with that. I’m installing 5.1.1 right now to see whether that’ll fix things. But I doubt it. In terms of the Corona build, I think we’re up to build 811.

When I click the ads currently, they bring up the app store just fine. But when I try to return back to the game, it just keeps redirecting me back to the app store. Perhaps 4-6 times in a row. Then finally it lets me resume the game. It’s as if the game think I’m clicking the ad everytime I try to get back to the game.

I think there’s definitely something weird on the Lunar Ads end. They just updated a bunch of things very quickly and I have a suspicion it created a few bugs they didn’t intend. (this bad scaling and cycling issue) I hope Richard or somebody can fix them soon. [import]uid: 43096 topic_id: 25730 reply_id: 107201[/import]

@David: I am running ipad2 with OS 5.0 (I know, i need to upgrade:) but not getting your issue. When i clicked on an ad, it takes to the app store and then i go back to the game (either by starting the app again or clicking the home button twice to use the paused app) The game resume fine and the ad start refreshing as before. I did that couple of times and no issues on my side.
Yes i hope Richard can find out what is going since there is no away you can release with this type of issues still around.

Mo. [import]uid: 100814 topic_id: 25730 reply_id: 107206[/import]

We are on it guys, give us til tomorrow and we’ll get this fixe asap.

Richard [import]uid: 9046 topic_id: 25730 reply_id: 107211[/import]

@Richard

I’ve unchecked the “Show Interstitial ads?” box under cross promotion, but I’m still getting Interstitial ads when I test on device and in the emulator. Is there somewhere else I can disable these that I haven’t seen? I want to only have banner ads in my game.

cheers
Jono [import]uid: 68278 topic_id: 25730 reply_id: 111766[/import]

Just an update yesterday no ads showed up in my apps. Today so far also. I just use adMob on Android.

Update - Ads are now showing. Weird?

Thanks [import]uid: 39088 topic_id: 25730 reply_id: 111940[/import]