IOS Build for solar2D apps

I’m using windows at the moment to build for android apps using corona. Since I need to build also in IOS, do I need a physical MAC to build or i can use a VM for that? If VM is possible, any recommendation?

Thanks!

You can use a VM to build, but you’ll still need a Mac to get OS X in order to install it on the VM.

Note: You may be able to get OS X in other ways, but typically I use my old Mac to download it, then install it on a VM on my Windows PC.

You can use https://www.macincloud.com/ to build your app to iOS (this is not VMs but a physical Macs).
It comes with pre-installed CoronaSDk but I’m not sure that with the latest versions.

2 Likes

Hi. I just checked the site you mentioned. It’s my first time trying to build in IOS with corona.
Just want to know which OS version should i select with the latest build of Solar2d (corona).

thanks!

Hi!
First, good luck and don’t give up - building to iOS it’s much more complicated than building to Android but once you figure it out, it goes smooth!

Now, about your question: I’ll suggest you go with the latest version of the Mac OS there is on the site (the one selected in your screenshot) because then you’ll have the latest version of Xcode and with that, you can build for the latest version of iOS

Hi.

Thanks for your time. appreciate the help and advise.

Will try it.

Late to the party, but here is an instruction on how to build Solar2D for iOS and issue all the certificates without ever touching macOS.

1 Like