I’ve released an ios app update and wanted to test it on my device. To make sure all works fine and make tests, i first built an ad hoc version of my app which is currently avaliable on the app store, and put it on my device. After that i made a built of my upgraded app and overwrite the first version. All works like a charm, except in app purchase… i can make transaction (test user account) with the two apps when i install them separatly, but when i overwrite the second one on the first, it doesn’t works… (unknow error and cant’ connect to the apple store). Can someone help me to find ideas to solve that ?
I’m having a little trouble following… Are all apps using the same provisioning profile? Install old A - works Remove oldA install new B - works Install old A, overwrite with new B - doesn’t work? Are you saving any local data that would interfere with your iap process. For instance I save an isPaid = true value and that alters how I do things. Any thing else in the console log? Might be worth printing some debugging around the code to make sure it’s doing what you expect
i remove A and install app B (which is an upgraded version of A) => works fine, IAP included
i remove B, install A, then overwrite A with B => works fine… except i’m unable to connect to app store ! (transaction fail, type : unknow)
I make the same process, without opening the first app : just install A and immediatly overwrite with B (so no saved data to manage) for exactly the same result.
@bertrand.kopf, if the app B works fine on its own, then I wouldn’t worry about it.
If your app B (the update version) works in all aspects on its own (including IAP), and it also works fine when overwriting A (except for purchasing in-app items), then I wouldn’t really worry about it. iTunes sandbox has given me various headaches before, but so long as the clean install of the adhoc version works without any error, it shouldn’t cause any issue when its released. If I were you, and if that’s the only item holding me back from submission, I would go ahead and submit it to Apple.
Naomi
P.S. I mean, replacing an app that does not use sandbox app with a version of the app that uses sandbox is probably causing the issue.
Indeed i decided to give up. Hope everything will be all right.
Now i will try to solve another thing : since ten minutes, all my profiles are suddenly invalid (haven’t done any changes, everything worked fine since mounths…) =>
warning: Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, contains disallowed entitlements, or it was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certificate. (-19011) failed to extract requirements data: 1
Ugh, @bertrand.kopf, it sounds horrible. Sorry to hear it. I hope you’ll be able to sort this out quickly.
I’ve dealt with the same problem in the past, and it was major pain. In my case, the root cause of the problem was that I had more than one dev identities that were linked to apple dev identities on my Mac (a machine that I inherited), and it took me some time to sort out the keychain mess – but now it’s nice and neat, and I’ve learned a thing or two in the process, so all is well.
first time I get that, i don’t know what to do…but it seems to be a very classic issue Apparently I would have to delete my certificates and profiles and next recreated them. But I have an app on the store with one of these profiles. Can i delete and recreate it ? And for my app ID, what are the consequences of deleting certificates?
I wouldn’t delete the certificate and profile if I don’t have to. Before you do, you might want to read up on what the consequences might be for deleting the certificates and profiles of already-released apps, creating new sets for updating already-released apps, etc. It may be totally fine to do this, but personally, I don’t know.
Let’s hope there are others on Forum who might know and can shed some light on this.
I’m having a little trouble following… Are all apps using the same provisioning profile? Install old A - works Remove oldA install new B - works Install old A, overwrite with new B - doesn’t work? Are you saving any local data that would interfere with your iap process. For instance I save an isPaid = true value and that alters how I do things. Any thing else in the console log? Might be worth printing some debugging around the code to make sure it’s doing what you expect
i remove A and install app B (which is an upgraded version of A) => works fine, IAP included
i remove B, install A, then overwrite A with B => works fine… except i’m unable to connect to app store ! (transaction fail, type : unknow)
I make the same process, without opening the first app : just install A and immediatly overwrite with B (so no saved data to manage) for exactly the same result.
@bertrand.kopf, if the app B works fine on its own, then I wouldn’t worry about it.
If your app B (the update version) works in all aspects on its own (including IAP), and it also works fine when overwriting A (except for purchasing in-app items), then I wouldn’t really worry about it. iTunes sandbox has given me various headaches before, but so long as the clean install of the adhoc version works without any error, it shouldn’t cause any issue when its released. If I were you, and if that’s the only item holding me back from submission, I would go ahead and submit it to Apple.
Naomi
P.S. I mean, replacing an app that does not use sandbox app with a version of the app that uses sandbox is probably causing the issue.
Indeed i decided to give up. Hope everything will be all right.
Now i will try to solve another thing : since ten minutes, all my profiles are suddenly invalid (haven’t done any changes, everything worked fine since mounths…) =>
warning: Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, contains disallowed entitlements, or it was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certificate. (-19011) failed to extract requirements data: 1
Ugh, @bertrand.kopf, it sounds horrible. Sorry to hear it. I hope you’ll be able to sort this out quickly.
I’ve dealt with the same problem in the past, and it was major pain. In my case, the root cause of the problem was that I had more than one dev identities that were linked to apple dev identities on my Mac (a machine that I inherited), and it took me some time to sort out the keychain mess – but now it’s nice and neat, and I’ve learned a thing or two in the process, so all is well.
first time I get that, i don’t know what to do…but it seems to be a very classic issue Apparently I would have to delete my certificates and profiles and next recreated them. But I have an app on the store with one of these profiles. Can i delete and recreate it ? And for my app ID, what are the consequences of deleting certificates?
I wouldn’t delete the certificate and profile if I don’t have to. Before you do, you might want to read up on what the consequences might be for deleting the certificates and profiles of already-released apps, creating new sets for updating already-released apps, etc. It may be totally fine to do this, but personally, I don’t know.
Let’s hope there are others on Forum who might know and can shed some light on this.