IOS Link Problem

Hi, I have been happily using SOLAR2d for a while and have run into a problem linking all my IOS app. I have released a few apps using Solar2d. I am currently no longer able to build any apps I get the message in the console…

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
ERROR: Builder failed: ld: file not found: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/arc/libarclite_iphoneos.a
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
BUILD ERROR: There was a problem linking the app.

I am using corona build Version 2023.3688 (2023.3.29) and Xcode Version 14.3 (14E222b) on a Mac using macOS 13.0.1 (22A400).

I note on the Corona build panel an IOS mismatch is reported see image below

I believe I am on the lates Xcode and latest Solar2d build
Any thoughts on how to resolve this … gratefully received as its a bit of a problem currently

Many Thanks
David

In my case, I’m just revert back to Xcode 14.2 version.

Thank you very much for that advice … I will give that a go and report back on my findings. Thanks for the link as well. All the best.

Can you go over the logs on the console and see if you are able to narrow down this problem to any specific library? This usually happens with iOS builds if some plugin that you’re using has a problem.

I’d try building a basic sample project without any plugins to see if that build goes through. If it does, you’d know it’s one of your plugins

Solar2D doesn’t support Xcode 14.3 yet. Build 3685 updated to Xcode 14.2, but there hasn’t been another bump since then.

Thanks all… that would explain it …must confess don’t know how I upgraded to Xcode 14.3 as I didn’t manually do it … I am just downloading the multiple gigabytes of Xcode 14.2 !! I will comeback once I have 14.2 installed. but fingers crossed it will. Thanks for the support

Just to close this one out … finally reinstalled Xcode 14.2 and all is back … I still have no idea how Xcode was upgraded … Is there a place I one can find a solar2d dependencies list ? Thank you for all of your support and help.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.