[iOS] Rude Racers featured on App Store since 3 weeks

I represent an indie, 2-member team called Famous Dogg Studios. Our racing game-- Rude Racers-- was published by Appsolute Games LLC and was featured on the US, AU, BR, NZ, MX and other App Stores in the “New Games We Love” section earlier this month. 

We debuted at no 4 on the list and are still featured in some geographies and are presently in the top 40 racing games in the US, NZ, BR etc. 

The game was built entirely with Corona and we’d love for you guys to give it a go-- feedback is always welcome :slight_smile:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rude-racers/id1432211825

Shashwat,

Congrats for being recognized by Apple.  That is fantastic.  Hope it brought you a lot of downloads.

I really like the looks of the quads… and have downloaded the game.  I hope to find a bit of free time to play it… I will give some feedback when I can.

Do you mind sharing any experience you may have had working with a publisher?  Good, bad, or lessons learned.  I would be very curious as it is something I have been thinking about.  I think other devs may be curious as well.

In any case, congrats on good looking game.

Bob

Cheers, Bob

For the first 1-2 weeks of the feature, we saw around 8-12k new users everyday, a figure which has obviously since declined but we are still getting a modest 2-3 k new users every day and retention has been alright too. 

As for working with a publishers, my experience with Appsolute was generally positive-- they’re a small team from what I can tell so the working relationship had been pretty relaxed in terms of requirements and expectations form their side in the months/ weeks leading up to the launch and they were confident form the start that we’d get a good spot from Apple, which we did.

That said, most of the work and initiative had to come from us and in terms of guidance and inputs for how to shape the in-game experience to support monetisation etc, there was practically nothing form their side. I’ve been working on mobile games for some years (not full-time) so I spent an awful lot of time and effort to try out multiple icons, different creatives, run beta tests through platforms like BetaFamily and Betabound to consistently gauge user-sentiment and improve the game and so on, over a period of 6-8 months. 

Most publishers will treat all games the same, which, sadly, in today’s mobile-gaming landscape, implies hyper-casual games. We had a far more detailed game (which we are now actually porting to Steam) and we did feel that it was just left own its own and never properly targeted towards the right audience through any promotional activity, PR or even basic ASO. 

I don’t reckon we could land a feature if we published the app ourselves so for getting it ANY visibility, we do credit the publisher ,and overall, it’s been an experience that has given us good confidence to carry on ahead.

Shashwat,

Thanks much for sharing. Very helpful information. I hope you are successful in getting the game on steam. I hope to play the game a bit more today and get back to you with any input I may have.

Bob

Shashwat,

Congrats for being recognized by Apple.  That is fantastic.  Hope it brought you a lot of downloads.

I really like the looks of the quads… and have downloaded the game.  I hope to find a bit of free time to play it… I will give some feedback when I can.

Do you mind sharing any experience you may have had working with a publisher?  Good, bad, or lessons learned.  I would be very curious as it is something I have been thinking about.  I think other devs may be curious as well.

In any case, congrats on good looking game.

Bob

Cheers, Bob

For the first 1-2 weeks of the feature, we saw around 8-12k new users everyday, a figure which has obviously since declined but we are still getting a modest 2-3 k new users every day and retention has been alright too. 

As for working with a publishers, my experience with Appsolute was generally positive-- they’re a small team from what I can tell so the working relationship had been pretty relaxed in terms of requirements and expectations form their side in the months/ weeks leading up to the launch and they were confident form the start that we’d get a good spot from Apple, which we did.

That said, most of the work and initiative had to come from us and in terms of guidance and inputs for how to shape the in-game experience to support monetisation etc, there was practically nothing form their side. I’ve been working on mobile games for some years (not full-time) so I spent an awful lot of time and effort to try out multiple icons, different creatives, run beta tests through platforms like BetaFamily and Betabound to consistently gauge user-sentiment and improve the game and so on, over a period of 6-8 months. 

Most publishers will treat all games the same, which, sadly, in today’s mobile-gaming landscape, implies hyper-casual games. We had a far more detailed game (which we are now actually porting to Steam) and we did feel that it was just left own its own and never properly targeted towards the right audience through any promotional activity, PR or even basic ASO. 

I don’t reckon we could land a feature if we published the app ourselves so for getting it ANY visibility, we do credit the publisher ,and overall, it’s been an experience that has given us good confidence to carry on ahead.

Shashwat,

Thanks much for sharing. Very helpful information. I hope you are successful in getting the game on steam. I hope to play the game a bit more today and get back to you with any input I may have.

Bob