iOS8 + location bug

Hi All,

Wanted to mention a bug I’ve come across in CoronaViewer building against iOS8. As you may know iOS8 requires ‘NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription’ to be defined in the build settings which I had done in my app.

While developing I started noticing that my app in CoronaViewer was silent failing when the app attempted to use location functions.  Then I remembered that I needed to rebuild CoronaViewer with ‘NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription’ in it’s copy of build settings too, which I did.

Now when I try to build CoronaViewer I get the following error message:

Unexpected build error.

Error code: 5

If you are not connecting to the internet directly (for example, you connect via a proxy server) you might want to try a direct connection to see if that solves the problem.

Check the console for more information.

When I remove the ‘NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription’ from the build settings the app builds perfectly fine.

Below is the console log response at the time of build:

Dec  9 15:03:30.170: Using Custom Build Id 00000
Dec  9 15:03:39.961: Using additional build settings from: /Users/developer/Documents/Corona Development/__corona_viewer/build.settings
Dec  9 15:03:40.046: mv: rename /Users/developer/Desktop/__corona_viewer.app/__corona_viewer to /Users/developer/Desktop/__corona_viewer.app/__corona_viewer: No such file or directory
Dec  9 15:03:40.049: mv: rename /Users/developer/Desktop/__corona_viewer.app to /Users/developer/Desktop/__corona_viewer.app/__corona_viewer.app: Invalid argument
Dec  9 15:03:40.068: WARNING: Using the following SDK instead:     /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator8.1.sdk
Dec  9 15:03:40.074: WARNING: Using the following SDK instead:     /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk
Dec  9 15:03:40.177: Runtime error
        /Users/developer/Desktop/__corona_viewer.app/.build/libtemplate/Builder.lua:310: <error>{“status”:256,“message”:“Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:\n  “_OBJC_CLASS_$_DBAccountManager”, referenced from:\n      objc-class-ref in libplugin_viewer.a(CoronaViewerLibrary.o)\n      objc-class-ref in libplugin_viewer.a(CoronaFileSyncDropbox.o)\n  “_OBJC_CLASS_$_DBFilesystem”, referenced from:\n      objc-class-ref in libplugin_viewer.a(CoronaFileSyncDropbox.o)\n  “_OBJC_CLASS_$_DBPath”, referenced from:\n      objc-class-ref in libplugin_viewer.a(CoronaFileSyncDropbox.o)\n      objc-class-ref in libplugin_viewer.a(LocalFileSystem.o)\nld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7\nclang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)”}</error>
    stack traceback:
        [C]: ?
        [C]: in function ‘assert’
        /Users/developer/Desktop/__corona_viewer.app/.build/libtemplate/Builder.lua:310: in function ‘checkError’
        /Users/developer/Desktop/__corona_viewer.app/.build/libtemplate/Builder.lua:333: in function ‘build’
        ?: in function ‘buildExe’
        ?: in function <?:641>
Dec  9 15:03:40.182: iOS build failed (5)

Below is the CoronaViewer build settings file I’m working with (essentially the same as git master):

settings =
{
    orientation =
    {
        default = “portrait”,
        supported = { “portrait” },
        – supported = { “landscapeLeft”, “landscapeRight”, “portrait”, “portraitUpsideDown” },
    },
    plugins =
    {
        – key is the name passed to Lua’s ‘require()’
        [“plugin.viewer”] =
        {
            – required
            publisherId = “com.coronalabs”,
        },
    },
    iphone =
    {
        plist =
        {
            CFBundleURLTypes =
            {
                {
                    CFBundleURLSchemes =
                    {
                        “db-l1q0pln8qsi8qyp”,    
                    }
                }
            },
            NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription = “Development”
        },
    }
}

Please let me know if you need anymore information or if there is more appropriate place to submit this info.