Is 14.0 BETA ok to use for release build?

Yeah, I’m using Facebook v4a. What makes you think it has to do with that plugin?

1. I am able to build. I don’t have that error.
  2. The first error is VNGMoatMobileAppKit. This was used by a few adnetworks in the past. Including Facebook, Admob (I think it was removed recently), and Unity (Also removed I think). But don’t know how old the Solar plugins are since I don’t use them. So to me, this points to some sort of ad network with a messed up dependency.

Post here your plugin section and I’ll help you figure it out.

You’re probably right.

plugins =
    {
        ["plugin.reviewPopUp"] =
	    {
	       publisherId = "tech.scotth",
	    },
        ["plugin.bit"] =
        {
            publisherId = "com.coronalabs",
            supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true, osx=true, win32=true }
        },
        ["plugin.gameanalytics_v2"] = {
            publisherId = "com.cabagomez",
            supportedPlatforms = {
                iphone = { url="<path-to-my-server>/gameanalytics.tgz" },
                android = false,
                macos = false,
                win32 = false
            },
        },        
        ["CoronaProvider.native.popup.activity"] =
        {
            publisherId = "com.coronalabs",
            supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true }
        },        
        ["plugin.flurry.analytics"] =
        {
            publisherId = "com.coronalabs"
        },
        ["plugin.facebook.v4a"] =
        {
           publisherId = "com.coronalabs"
        },       

-- Appodeal
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.AdColony'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.AppLovin'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.InMobi'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Tapjoy'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Unity'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Vungle'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
    }

The particular error your are seeing is for Vungle. But if you comment out Vungle you’ll end up with the next error.

Basically, the Appodeal plugin is not currently usable. I think @cyberparkstudios added a defect on GitHub.

1 Like

@markus_Ranner … I made that issue entry on GitHub under username ‘ripps7’, 5 days ago now.
after I updated to newest Xcode … the only line I put in my build settings was
[“plugin.appodeal.beta.base”] = {publisherId = “com.coronalabs”,},

I also tried a couple other single appodeal plugin lines, 1 at a time, just to test to see which if any may be causing the error listed below. Even now with the 3619 sdk build I still get linker error …

build/plugin.appodeal.beta.base/Appodeal.framework/Appodeal(STKVideoProgressBar.o)) was built for newer iOS version (9.0) than being linked (8.0)

originally I was using 3617, then 3618, and finally 3619. … same error each time.

1 Like

Ok, thanks both for looking in to it.

@vlads, you said you were working on it right? How are things progressing?

That is not the error, that is a warning. Error would be about broken swift :frowning:

Sorry, my error I guess…

although the line starts with ‘error’

‘ERROR: Builder failed: ld: warning:’ … it does show warning after that.

Either way, it results in linker error… and I still have no idea why the appodeal plugin fails even with just one of the maybe 30 ‘plugin’ lines possible to put into the build settings.

The reason why it fails is because of the swift libraries. Anything that depends on those libraries will fail. The base appodeal plugin will not fail if it didn’t have the exchange bundled with it. But that is beside the point because most of the plugins for Appodeal need the swift libraries.

For now, I put the version I use on the plugin marketplace. The interface is exactly the same so it should be fairly simple to replace in your app.

I added a second pack of adapters. I don’t think I’ll be adding any more so this is it. I also tested them all in my game that I am working to release shortly.

1 Like

Thanks for doing this @agramonte, but I can’t get the adapter packages to work. (I can build and run my app without the adapters, but then of course I don’t get any ads to serve…)

I’m using latest Solar2D build 3619, with iOS SDK 14.0 (not beta).

Adapters A - It builds, but the app crashes immediately on launch every time. I can’t make any sense from the stack trace, see below. Do you have any idea why this happens?

Full stack trace: https://pastebin.com/s4g7Zb11

Here are the first few lines:

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:  EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Triggered by Thread:  1

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

Last Exception Backtrace:
0   CoreFoundation                	0x198ac25ac __exceptionPreprocess + 220
1   libobjc.A.dylib               	0x1acb3c42c objc_exception_throw + 59
2   CoreFoundation                	0x1989cd62c -[NSException raise] + 15
3   Ice Trap                      	0x1009215e0 GADApplicationVerifyPublisherInitializedAnalyticsCorrectly + 299
4   Ice Trap                      	0x1008d05cc GADEnvironmentIsSupported + 699
5   libdispatch.dylib             	0x1986befd0 _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 31
6   libdispatch.dylib             	0x1986c0ac8 _dispatch_client_callout + 19
7   libdispatch.dylib             	0x1986c3a10 _dispatch_queue_override_invoke + 691
8   libdispatch.dylib             	0x1986d1104 _dispatch_root_queue_drain + 355
9   libdispatch.dylib             	0x1986d18e8 _dispatch_worker_thread2 + 115
10  libsystem_pthread.dylib       	0x1e00148cc _pthread_wqthread + 215
11  libsystem_pthread.dylib       	0x1e001b77c start_wqthread + 7

Adapters B - Less important, but I can’t test this because it won’t build without the Adapters A plugin.

Sep 28 08:47:25.367 ERROR: Builder failed: undef: __Z34_swiftoverride_class_getSuperclassPKN5swift14TargetMetadataINS_9InProcessEEE
Sep 28 08:47:25.367 undef: _OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKAccessToken
                    undef: _OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKApplicationDelegate
                    undef: _OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKAppEvents
                    undef: _OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKGraphRequest
                    undef: __ZN5swift39swift51override_conformsToSwiftProtocolEPKNS_14TargetMetadataINS_9InProcessEEEPKNS_24TargetProtocolDescriptorIS1_EEN4llvm9StringRefEPFPKNS_35TargetProtocolConformanceDescriptorIS1_EES4_S8_SA_E
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'Protobuf'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackNASTKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackVASTKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackUIKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackXML'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackMRAIDKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackFoundation'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackVideoPlayer'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'AppodealMediationCoreObjC'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackRichMedia'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackVASTAssets'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'AppodealAdExchangeSDK'
                    Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
                      "_swiftoverride_class_getSuperclass(swift::TargetMetadata<swift::InProcess> const*)", referenced from:
                          swift::swift50override_conformsToProtocol(swift::TargetMetadata<swift::InProcess> const*, swift::TargetProtocolDescriptor<swift::InProcess> const*, swift::TargetWitnessTable<swift::InProcess> const* (*)(swift::TargetMetadata<swift::InProcess> const*, swift::TargetProtocolDescriptor<swift::InProcess> const*)) in libswiftCompatibility50.a(ProtocolConformance.cpp.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKAccessToken", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libplugin_facebook.a(IOSFBConnect.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKApplicationDelegate", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libplugin_facebook.a(CoronaFacebookDelegate.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKAppEvents", referenced from:
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKGraphRequest", referenced from:
                      "swift::swift51override_conformsToSwiftProtocol(swift::TargetMetadata<swift::InProcess> const*, swift::TargetProtocolDescriptor<swift::InProcess> const*, llvm::StringRef, swift::TargetProtocolConformanceDescriptor<swift::InProcess> const* (*)(swift::TargetMetadata<swift::InProcess> const*, swift::TargetProtocolDescriptor<swift::InProcess> const*, llvm::StringRef))", referenced from:
                          _Swift50Overrides in libswiftCompatibility50.a(Overrides.cpp.o)
                    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
                    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Sep 28 08:47:25.387 BUILD ERROR: There was a problem linking the app.

Check the console for more information.
Sep 28 08:47:25.387 
Sep 28 08:47:25.510 iOS build failed (2) after 66 seconds
Sep 28 08:47:25.829 ERROR: Build Failed: There was a problem linking the app.

Adapters B + Facebook v4a: Least important, just want to let you know anyway. Adapters B seems to collide with the Facebook v4a plugin. When I try to build with adapters A+B together with FB v4a I get the following build error:

Sep 28 09:10:25.986 ERROR: Builder failed: undef: _OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKApplicationDelegate
Sep 28 09:10:25.986 undef: _OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKAppEvents
                    undef: _OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKGraphRequest
                    undef: _OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKAccessToken
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackUIKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackXML'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackVASTKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'FBLPromises'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackMRAIDKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackNASTKit'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'Protobuf'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackFoundation'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackVideoPlayer'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'AppodealMediationCoreObjC'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackRichMedia'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'StackVASTAssets'
                    ld: warning: Could not find or use auto-linked framework 'AppodealAdExchangeSDK'
                    Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKApplicationDelegate", referenced from:
                          objc-class-ref in libplugin_facebook.a(CoronaFacebookDelegate.o)
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKAppEvents", referenced from:
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKGraphRequest", referenced from:
                      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FBSDKAccessToken", referenced from:
                    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
                    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Sep 28 09:10:25.986 BUILD ERROR: There was a problem linking the app.                    

Thanks also from my side @agramonte ! For me it works now with Solar2D build 3619, with iOS SDK 14.0. I use Adapters A

I started this topic to ask if releasing my app with an iOS 14 Beta SDK would be okay.

May I suggest that someone move the Appodeal issues to one of the many Appodeal topics that already exist, and allow this topic to remain focused on the original question?

I’ve just completed creating my app with build 3619, which no longer requires Beta. And accordingly, this topic is irrelevant going forward.

Just trying to keep us all organized here. :slight_smile:

Ok, so I figured out why my app crashed. I was missing the GADApplicationIdentifier in the plist, required by Admob. Added that and the app stopped crashing. I hadn’t bothered configuring my Admob account previously, but now I got a good reason to finally do so. :slight_smile:

I see your point @troylyndon, but I wouldn’t consider this a topic hijacking really. The problems started with iOS 14, and at that point we didn’t know that they were related to Appodeal. But, if there are more Appodeal problems turning up, I’ll be sure to post them in the proper topics. :wink:

I wonder if anybody else is noticing placement problems for GUI elements (tested on iPad Pro) in a new build. I am using version 2020.3617 with iOS 14 BETA.

In my case some of my screen elements are not placed correctly like in previous older versions. For example a BACK button using anchor was placed exactly in a top left corner with some space between the screen border and the graphic itself… now it is reaching out of the screen for about 10 pixels. Even elements placed in the mid of the screen are now moved and slightly overlap each other.
Another thing I have noticed: I am checking for admob banner height and moving my level a little bit BUT now even with a banner on screen the level is not moved anymore… just like the height of the banner can’t be read anymore.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I don’t have a iPad Pro. I saw your other thread and I have it on my list of items to do (maybe using a virtual iPad pro if they exist). I suspect that everybody is having the same problem, but I at least will let you know.

1 Like

Thank you very much!!!