Is a music playing app impossible with Solar?

My app plays standard music notation. After I finished it, I did a test and created a song with all 32nd notes (short quick notes.)

I get this error:
17dTesting Error with clearing buffer from source: Invalid Operation

On an iPhone it will hang the program and play a note forever until the user closes the app. This is obviously a show-stopper.

At this point, I assume there is no fix based on what I’ve seen in this forum. Am I wrong?

hmmm. You can’t play audio in the background (this is not necessarily true just requires some work), but other than that I have not heard or read about any limitation. Do you have example of the sound file you are trying to play or the code?

You could try requesting a mod or vlads to give you a link for the undocumented audio API. This used to once be available at https://coronalabs.com/blog/2011/07/27/the-secretundocumented-audio-apis-in-corona-sdk/

You might find a solution there. We rely on this API’s functions to adjust pitch and have never had a problem on any platform so I’m not sure why they don’t have this on the documentation. hope it helps

Can you post the code that you use to play the simple wav file that results in the error?

Cool let me see if I can make it work

they timer is set to run every 64 milliseconds? or does it matter?