Is compeltely asynchronous turn based possible?

Hello !

I’m looking for MP solution for a simple puzzle game and I was wondering if something like this is possible on Photon.

Basically my game will generate a level, which can be recreated from simple string sent over server.

So idea is

1. one player starts a game

2. a level is generated for that player

3. when player completes a games the time it took him to complete is recorded

4. another player will “join” the game started by first player

5. he will receive a string that will recreate exactly the same puzzle from game client side

6. when he completes that puzzle his time is recorded

7. player with least time spent on a puzzle is declared a victor

So basically the only interaction between players is they get same random seed for puzzle, and their completetion time is compared. Can photon be used to create something like this?

Hi,

Yes, Photon can do that. It’s common Photon workflow. First client creates room, second joins and both exchange events or set/get shared room properties.

Implementation details may depend on what you mean by “recorded” and on whether first player is still in the room when second joins. If some persistence required, things become more complicated, you need “turnbased” Photon features and custom or 3rd party server for storage (see demo-memory sample in sdk),

Hi,

Yes, Photon can do that. It’s common Photon workflow. First client creates room, second joins and both exchange events or set/get shared room properties.

Implementation details may depend on what you mean by “recorded” and on whether first player is still in the room when second joins. If some persistence required, things become more complicated, you need “turnbased” Photon features and custom or 3rd party server for storage (see demo-memory sample in sdk),