is IAP Badger still working?

Hello everyone,
I’m working on a new game and I want to add an IAP functionality to it.
I did not use the IAP features for a long time. the last time I did it was using the IAP Badger plugin (https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/corona-plugins/iap-badger)… I want to use it again, it seems very easy to use BUT the last update for that plugin is from 2018. anyone know if the plugin is still good for use? it will work properly?

Thanks!

Yes, I’m currently using it and it’s very stable.

1 Like

It seems that the corona simulator don’t download the plugin automatically, maybe It because it moved to offline? should I add the plugin manually?

Never mind,
In the tutorial it says to require require("iap_badger") but it should be require("plugin.iap_badger")

I would just download this from gitHub and place it anywhere you want it in your project.

While the ‘use it as a plugin’ method is convenient for some, I always prefer to have code I can see right in my project. This way you can tweak it if needed, and you never need to rely on the end-point being available to build.

As you can see, the git was last update Aug 2019:

3 Likes

@roaminggamer, I like what you said, “I always prefer to have code I can see right in my project”. Is this true for all plugins, even the Corona plugins? And being that I’ve never added plugin code directly into my project, how do I do, just create a subfolder called plugins and put them all in there, pointing to them from build.settings?

@troylyndon

I can’t give advise on plugins in general.

I can say however, IAPBager has been available as a downloadable (from gitHub) pure-lua module/plugin from the start. You can put it in any folder and require it like you would any other module.

I would imagine any plugin, consisting of single file that you can find the source for, should be useable in the same way. You will probably only get into trouble with:

• non-Lua plugins
  • plugins that have multiple files and expect a specific folder hierarchy.
1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m the writer of the IAP Badger plug-in. As Roaming Gamer said above, at the moment, you can still use the GitHub version of the library and it should work and be stable. Life’s been hectic for the past few months (Coronavirus etc. etc.), so I haven’t had chance to check this works as a Solar 2D plug-in or update the documentation… I’ve got a couple of weeks off coming up so I’ll check how Solar works with plug-ins and update the documentation.

Simon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Simon!

Your library/module is probably one of the most used ones here and I dare to say one of the highest-impacting ones. I know I’ve used it in many of my projects. Cross-platform IAP coding is icky and your module has always made it easy to deal with.

It works for me but I know many other people have had problems building with random plugins. I am on a Mac running 10.15.5 and 3601 of solar2d. I build and deployed using your plugin just last week.

@Simon, I’m using IAP badger in a Solar 2D project and it works exactly as it did previously. I’ve also tweaked it a little bit to allow it to work with subscriptions, though probably not as tidily as you would have :grinning:

If you ever wanted to add subscriptions to the plugin source then feel free to ping me.

Hi @alanFlickGames,

I may well take you up on this offer - I know this is a feature that’s requested often!

Simon

Just so you know, I’ve attempted to upload the plugin today, but I keep getting the error message:

“This doesn’t look like a valid plugin. Pure Lua plugins should be packaged via the Solar2D build command, and native plugins should use our submission template. Please refer to our packaging guidelines.”

I’ve tried uploading the original plugin, and rebuilding, but keep getting the same response. This may be the wrong place to ask - but has anyone got experience with porting a Corona Marketplace plug-in to Solar 2D?

I’ve gone over the instructions and they look identical to the old Corona ones (even to the point that the docs point back to the old website).

Any help would be appreciated :smiley:

Simon

Your best bet is probably to ask on the Solar 2D discord: https://discord.gg/TGmqWy

I haven’t had to do it myself yet, but I know a few people were talking about packaging plugins recently.

I’m actually trying to get promo codes to work with IAP Badger at the moment, without much luck (it’s a consumable product). I’ve set the allowRestore property for the product to true, but it never appears in the restore data. Do you know if there is anything else I would need to change to allow it to work?

Thanks - I’ll sign up and ask :slight_smile:

As long as your product IDs are set correctly, and allowRestore is set to true, you should be good to go with promo codes. Maybe there’s something not set up correctly on the back end with the App Store / Google Play.

You can test by setting verboseDebugOutput to true when you initialise the library. IAP Badger will print out everything that’s coming in from the App Store / Google Play out to the console - so you can see whether it’s being told to add your promo code, whether it’s mistakenly ignoring the product, the decisions it’s making etc.

Hope that helps - if the library’s is getting informed about the promo code but mishandling the product, don’t hesitate to get back in touch and I’ll look at it.

Simon

Just dropping in to follow up on @happymongoose’s earlier replies. His IAP Badger plugin is live on https://www.solar2dplugins.com now and it should just be a case of activating and then swapping out your build.settings as instructed. :+1:

Just wanted to say the support I got from Ric at QWeb for this was amazing! Great work guys :slight_smile:

I’ve started updating the documentation for this now - you can read more detailed info at:

1 Like