Is Is Really Necessary To Use The "pre-Load" Ad For Fullscreen Or Can I Still Just Use The Old Format?

Hi guys

Im just getting up to speed with RevMob… and have it working in my test build… however, when I preload and then call show… the ad goes straight to its link. If that makes sense!

Basically, I initialize RevMob and preload my full screen ad when I load my main menu… When the user clicks Play… the function loads the level. (in same scene)… and calls the show. At this point all I have clicked is the Play button… no subsequent clicks… but it still clicks through the ad.

I haven’t built on device yet… just testing in sim.

Cheers

R

It’s probably because you didn’t return true from the button touch listener.
Check this first.

Thks Krystian6. But I am returning true in my touch listener… Its ok, I ended up moving the preload and it all seems to work ok.

Cheers

R

Weird, same thing is happening here. I already moved the function, added the return true to my touch event, etc. Nothing seems to work and I really need to use the preloading function

You could try setting a short delay before calling fullscreen:show(), like this:

function touchHandler(event)

timer.performWithDelay(200, function() fullscreen:show() end)

return true

end

I woudl encourage to recheck your code. It works fine for me and others, it should also work fine for you. I’ve spoken with donkonstante on IRC  - he checked my code and it worked fine for him as well.

Using a timer to show an add is not a recommended [at least by me ;)] solution. I’ve done that in the past and my ad was shown in a moment I was not expecting [like when my app was suspending/resuming or when I was loading something in the "background].

Make sure your ad is shown at the exact time when you expect it to, in order to avoid issues with memory etc.

revmob scales the texture when it’s loaded and you don’t want to do that when you are loading your assets [this caused a crash in my game on android and iphone].

Weird, same thing is happening here. I already moved the function, added the return true to my touch event, etc. Nothing seems to work and I really need to use the preloading function

You could try setting a short delay before calling fullscreen:show(), like this:

function touchHandler(event)

timer.performWithDelay(200, function() fullscreen:show() end)

return true

end

I woudl encourage to recheck your code. It works fine for me and others, it should also work fine for you. I’ve spoken with donkonstante on IRC  - he checked my code and it worked fine for him as well.

Using a timer to show an add is not a recommended [at least by me ;)] solution. I’ve done that in the past and my ad was shown in a moment I was not expecting [like when my app was suspending/resuming or when I was loading something in the "background].

Make sure your ad is shown at the exact time when you expect it to, in order to avoid issues with memory etc.

revmob scales the texture when it’s loaded and you don’t want to do that when you are loading your assets [this caused a crash in my game on android and iphone].