Is it possible to build on mac without root access?

Hello.

I need to deploy my app to App Store, so i rent an online mac.
However it doesn’t have a root access.
I’ve installed Corona via drag’n’drop to desktop folder and want to make a native build. But i can’t because of error

line 5: /Users/user212106/Library/Application Support/Corona/Native/Corona/mac/bin/CoronaBuilder.app/Contents/MacOS/CoronaBuilder: No such file or directory
Exiting due to errors (above)
Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code

Native build or a simulator build? In any case, you don’t need admin access but you also don’t have to rent a mac to build. You can use github actions or bitbucket pipelines or whatever your repo has. @vlad had fairly good instructions a while back and if you already have your keys you can even skip the key creations.

Native build.
I think that admin access still need because i cant run a “Setup Corona Native”. It gives me error “No access to send events to Finder” or something like that.

Thank you for reply. I’ll search this intstructions

It might require some work but that “Setup Corona Native” just creates some symlinks (not sure what MacOS calls it). You should be able to with a command build a native build. You should have to create a script that calls the underlying file and not the symlink (since you can’t make a symlink).

Thank you.
I’m new at Mac, so i don’t understand which script i have to create :frowning:

I can help you.

1. Make sure you have all the files you need in a place you have access to. For this test, I put most of the files on the desktop.

2. Create a text file. For my test, I called it “testAppParam.lua” and saved it on the desktop. In this file put this info but with your information:

return {
	appName = "testapp",
	platform = "ios",
	appVersion = "1.0",
	projectPath = "/Users/adriangomez/Desktop/testapp",
	dstPath = "/Users/adriangomez/Desktop/testappbuild/",
	certificatePath = "/Users/adriangomez/Desktop/testapp_prod.mobileprovision",
	customTemplate = "-angle",
}

1. Then I ran this command:
/Applications/Corona-3660/Native/Corona/mac/bin/CoronaBuilder.app/Contents/MacOS/CoronaBuilder build --lua /Users/adriangomez/Desktop/testAppParam.lua

Many thanks to you. But i decided not to build on MacOS for now :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.