Is it possible to debug your i Pad without connecting via USB?

I have something connected which I need to test while debugging so the USB is not free.

You might want to invest in a USB hub so you can have multiple things plugged in at a time.

There are a couple of libraries that let you capture your print statements, but not the full console log that you can search the forums for that will email you the prints that it captures.

Rob

I mean that the USB iPad connection is being used. Unless you are saying I can get a hub which connects more than one device to iPad? At the moment I’m printing to screen at checkpoints I set on obj c and Luna, but want to capture any unknown errors on the obj c side to see if why something isn’t working. Maybe there’s a way I can make my own way of steaming errors to network. Like good old net send on windows. Seems mad they do t have an iOS Version of Android Adb so I can connect to IP to see console errors.

No, you can only plug one thing into the iPad that I know of.  But if you’re tethered, why can’t you read the console log even though it’s being used by something else unless that something else isn’t your computer, in which case, for debugging why can’t you plug it into to your computer?

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear. I have something plugged into my iPad which I need connected while i debug, so i can’t connect to PC at the same time.

You might want to invest in a USB hub so you can have multiple things plugged in at a time.

There are a couple of libraries that let you capture your print statements, but not the full console log that you can search the forums for that will email you the prints that it captures.

Rob

I mean that the USB iPad connection is being used. Unless you are saying I can get a hub which connects more than one device to iPad? At the moment I’m printing to screen at checkpoints I set on obj c and Luna, but want to capture any unknown errors on the obj c side to see if why something isn’t working. Maybe there’s a way I can make my own way of steaming errors to network. Like good old net send on windows. Seems mad they do t have an iOS Version of Android Adb so I can connect to IP to see console errors.

No, you can only plug one thing into the iPad that I know of.  But if you’re tethered, why can’t you read the console log even though it’s being used by something else unless that something else isn’t your computer, in which case, for debugging why can’t you plug it into to your computer?

Maybe I didn’t make myself clear. I have something plugged into my iPad which I need connected while i debug, so i can’t connect to PC at the same time.