Is out of the App Store and Google Play subscription a good idea?

I’m in the development process of a B2B utility and management mobile app that will target a relatively small number of 1000-3000 users. Since that market is small my only option to profitably monetize it is using the subscription model. Knowing that using app-store and google-play payment systems I would have to say goodbye to 30% of my profit I have some questions I hope to get answers for:

1. Is it a good Idea to use an external web based payment and subscription system assuming the market is small and easy to target(marketing wise)?
  2. Am I taking a risk of getting the app rejected for using a web based subscription system out of the app stores?
  3. Is it ok to offer the app for free (with in-app registration) for a certain period and then notify the users they need to purchase subscription? (the app will have to be offered free until the amount of user becomes relevant for subscription charge)

Thank you!

I am pretty sure this is not ok on iOS. I think you can do what ever you want to on Google play.

However, keep in mind that people use these services (app stores) for a couple significant reasons… Safety and Ease of use. Unless you have something that really is super useful and unique you are probably gonna alienate 30% of paying customers (or more) and therefore would be best served to just use the app stores payment services.

Good luck.

Thank you gullie! I read apple guidelines and it says that as long as you don’t put a link to your website or a pay button that will link to an external payment system that’s ok. I just wonder if anyone tried this method and what’s his/her experience. As for the app, it is unique and specific for a certain market that will most likely want to have it and for sure wouldn’t care paying in or out of the app.

thank you guyzzz. for idea and i read apple guidelines.

I am pretty sure this is not ok on iOS. I think you can do what ever you want to on Google play.

However, keep in mind that people use these services (app stores) for a couple significant reasons… Safety and Ease of use. Unless you have something that really is super useful and unique you are probably gonna alienate 30% of paying customers (or more) and therefore would be best served to just use the app stores payment services.

Good luck.

Thank you gullie! I read apple guidelines and it says that as long as you don’t put a link to your website or a pay button that will link to an external payment system that’s ok. I just wonder if anyone tried this method and what’s his/her experience. As for the app, it is unique and specific for a certain market that will most likely want to have it and for sure wouldn’t care paying in or out of the app.

thank you guyzzz. for idea and i read apple guidelines.